Thread: Ubuntu Forums Community-Driven "Call to Action" in My College Newspaper : )

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Lightbulb Ubuntu Forums Community-Driven "Call to Action" in My College Newspaper : )

I am interested in submitting a guest column for my university's newspaper in response to an article detailing the upcoming release of Windows 7 v. Apple Snow Leopard. With that being said, I am interested in discussing and sharing with my college (and readers beyond mid Michigan) what is Linux (specifically Ubuntu, as it is the OS that I use) and why they should check it out (a "call to action").

Seeing as how Linux is largely a team-driven community, I wanted to turn to my fellow posters here on Ubuntu Forums in order to figure out the most important reasons for investigating this (for many people) brand new opportunity. As a side note, I will give credit where credit is due, such as giving a shout out to the forums for ideas generated
    Linux systems are like LEGOs :
    they are infinitely customizable
    and limited only by a user's imagination.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Forums Community-Driven "Call to Action" in My College Newspaper : )

I'd be happy to review your draft and comment on it. My email is greg at grossmeier dot net.

Also, you might want to submit it to the Michigan LoCo mailing list at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-mi
    Michigan LoCo Team: Wiki Page / Forum / #ubuntu-us-mi on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Ubuntu Forums Community-Driven "Call to Action" in My College Newspaper : )

Quote Originally Posted by greg_g View Post
    I'd be happy to review your draft and comment on it. My email is greg at grossmeier dot net.

Also, you might want to submit it to the Michigan LoCo mailing list at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-mi
    Thanks for the email address and the mailing list information! I'm sending you my first draft right now
    Linux systems are like LEGOs :
    they are infinitely customizable
    and limited only by a user's imagination.