Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: South Park Studios Not Working

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: South Park Studios Not Working

Hmm, none of these solutions work for me. I've tried allowing 3rd-party content and even changing my system time to make it look like I'm in the US. I wonder if it's detecting by my IP address that I'm not in the US (as many content providers do) and deciding I'm not in the right region.

Oh and I should note that I have the same problem with other Comedy Central sites too, such as Daily Show and Colbert Report.

Any other possible suggestions out there?

Beans

I am also experiencing this problem, and none of the solutions suggested above work for me. I have also tried installing all the different flash packages for Ubuntu with no luck.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

I just found that I had an old firefox profile hanging around in my home directory (.mozilla/firefox/), when firefox actually uses .firefox on my system. Deleting the old profile allowed me to view the videos on thedailyshow.com and southparkstudios.com.

You may think that this couldn't be the problem since the website fails in multiple browsers (chrome etc). However, I traced the plugin and found that it always tries to access the firefox (really xulrunner) certificate database even when run from other browsers.

I think the old profile was missing the certificate authority used to sign the .swz file, leading to the Error 2046 (certificate problem).

Hope this helps anyone who finds that it works from a fresh user account, but not for their normal one.

Beans

Deleting that profile (home folder/.mozilla/firefox/profile.ini ) worked great. up and running instantly.

Beans

After some digging around on the internet the fix all solution is actually this:

RE: video problems

TheLongTailor

thelongtailor
    Production Assistant
    09-09-2010
    Posted: 09-09-2010 4:49 PM

error 2046 video problem - solution , fix!!!

Hey world, I've finally fixed this problem, here's how;

1.) make sure you have flash player installed

2.) go to

http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager03.html

-> there you'll see the flash player settings (it's no image but real settings window)

3.) uncheck the box at the bottom (that saves common Flash components to reduce download time)

Error 2046 problem fixed!

All credits go out to A.Alajmovic @ www.Alphaverse.com

CREDIT:

http://forums.thedailyshow.com/?page..._id=15215&pg=2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12