Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Beans

Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Okay, thanks to the help you guys gave me, I ran pylotro in a terminal, and I copied the code before exiting.

Code:
    neal@ubuntu:~$ cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/PyLotRO 
    neal@ubuntu:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/PyLotRO$ wine pylotro.exe 
    fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub! 
    err:module:import_dll Library QtSvg4.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\PyLotRO\\qt4_plugins\\iconengines\\qsvgicon4.dll") not found 
    err:module:import_dll Library QtSvg4.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\PyLotRO\\qt4_plugins\\imageformats\\qsvg4.dll") not found 
    err:module:import_dll Library QtSvg4.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\PyLotRO\\qt4_plugins\\iconengines\\qsvgicon4.dll") not found 
    fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32e5ec 
    fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS 
    fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x10066, 0x1c6d40): stub 
    fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub 
    fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32c54c 
    fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot 
    fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub 
    fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32ad84 
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear 
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe 
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side 
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround71 
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi 
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi 
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem 
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem 
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline 
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline 
    ALSA lib audio/pcm_bluetooth.c:1613:(audioservice_expect) BT_GET_CAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5) 
    ALSA lib audio/pcm_bluetooth.c:1613:(audioservice_expect) BT_GET_CAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5) 
    ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:957:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream 
    Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory 
    Cannot connect to server socket 
    jack server is not running or cannot be started 
    err:d3d_surface:surface_modify_location Surface 0x18ee58 does not have any up to date location. 
    err:d3d_surface:surface_modify_location Surface 0x18ee58 does not have any up to date location. 
    fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x328d84 
    fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x328d84 
    neal@ubuntu:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/PyLotRO$
    Can anyone here translate for me? Thank you guys so much for getting me so far!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

just checking for sure,
    You do have proprietary video drivers installed, yes?
    you also ran the following in a terminal (or something close to it)
    Code:
    winetricks d3dx9 vcrun200{3,5,8}
    and i looked throught this massive thread but couldn't find your computer specs, graphics card, ram, and cpu to be specific.
    Dev Testing since 6.10 Edgy Eft. YES I KNOW WHAT THAT DOES!!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by njrob View Post
    [/CODE]
    This sticks out, it was an issue in wine 1.4rc1 it seems.
    Which version are you running now?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmandt View Post
    you also ran the following in a terminal (or something close to it)
    Code:
    winetricks d3dx9 vcrun200{3,5,8}
    No winetricks needed anymore, if using up to date wine (>1.337 approximately).

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Jeek Elemental View Post
    No winetricks needed anymore, if using up to date wine (>1.337 approximately).
    That is awesome. Thank u for this information
    Dev Testing since 6.10 Edgy Eft. YES I KNOW WHAT THAT DOES!!!

Beans

Kk, I checked my Wine version, and it is up to date. I have something that isn't updating or upgrading or whatever when I run 'sudo apt-get update' and 'sudo apt-get upgrade'. I'm not sure if it's related or not, but my update manager window also shows one Xorg driver update that I can't click the checkbox on, and I think it might be cramping my graphics performance. Any sage advice with this added information? Thanks so much for your patience and support!

Beans

Hard to say, you could try using the Synaptic package manager instead, maybe it gives more information on what the problem is.
    Theres also a "repair broken packages" option there you can try.

Kk, I checked my Wine version, and it is up to date. I have something that isn't updating or upgrading or whatever when I run 'sudo apt-get update' and 'sudo apt-get upgrade'. I'm not sure if it's related or not, but my update manager window also shows one Xorg driver update that I can't click the checkbox on, and I think it might be cramping my graphics performance. Any sage advice with this added information? Thanks so much for your patience and support!

Beans

I installed Synaptic, and fiddled a little with my driver packages and such. I think what I've discovered is that I am missing a dependency for at least one of the driver programs that may be affecting DDO's performance, but I don't know what package contains the specific dependency I'm missing. The Synaptic error message kept telling me that to upgrade the Openchrome driver package, I needed a missing dependency for it called xorg-video-abi-10, or something like that. It's too foreign for me to understand exactly what's wrong, but what I've done seems to have made Tuc Racer perform a bit more smoothly. I guess I'll just need to wait for more updates from Xorg-Edgers or find out if the network latency in DDO is caused by something else. Thoughts & suggestions?
    Last edited by njrob; April 14th, 2012 at 06:03 AM. Reason: typo

Beans

Synaptic (and update manager) will pull in any dependencies IF it is available.
    This is getting far away from DDO tho, I think to keep the thread useful for others we should stop here.

Feel free to pm me and I can google abit for you, include the output from the following commands please:
    lspci
    glxinfo (top 10 lines)
    wine --version
    dmesg

I installed Synaptic, and fiddled a little with my driver packages and such. I think what I've discovered is that I am missing a dependency for at least one of the driver programs that may be affecting DDO's performance, but I don't know what package contains the specific dependency I'm missing. The Synaptic error message kept telling me that to upgrade the Openchrome driver package, I needed a missing dependency for it called xorg-video-abi-10, or something like that. It's too foreign for me to understand exactly what's wrong, but what I've done seems to have made Tuc Racer perform a bit more smoothly. I guess I'll just need to wait for more updates from Xorg-Edgers or find out if the network latency in DDO is caused by something else. Thoughts & suggestions?

Beans

I am having no problems with making the os take the appropriate changes to run the game. I am however having an issue with finding "ajackson-public.key" because lotrolinux seems to have breached TOS with his host or something else causing his links to be dead. If anyone has an ftp, link, copy to email me, or some other solution please let me know! Much appreciated in advance.
    ~Dave

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast