Thread: Can't mount ISO's largen than 4 GB

Beans

Can't mount ISO's largen than 4 GB

Hello. I have downloaded a popular game by torrent and have a 7.7GB ISO but I haven't found any program able to mount it in any way. I use ubuntu 8.04 and have tried anything and everything (or so I'd like to think) from terminal mount to gisomount, kisomount, furious ISO mount, nautilus scripts/actions. Nothing seems to work.
    I get the very same error every time
    An error occured
    wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0, missing codepage or helper program, or other error
    In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
    dmesg | tail or so
    Now I am trying a backdoor method: installing virtualbox-ose getting a Windows XP, mounting the ISO with daemon-tools (or something), extracting the files from the iso then copying them unto ubuntu.

I'd like to have a simpler method to mount large ISO's though.

p.s.: mounting in WinXP (virtualbox) is working so the ISO is not broken. Mounting smaller ISO's than 4GB is working just fine.

p.p.s.:if there is a thread concerning this problem, I'm sorry I couldn't find it. Yes, i have searched for 2 days.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Can't mount ISO's largen than 4 GB

The terminal output is useless if you don't tell us the exact command you ran.
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Beans

Re: Can't mount ISO's largen than 4 GB

Ok, now I feel stupid.

Initial problem solved. I managed to mount the ISO with
    sudo mount -o loop /path/to/iso.iso /mount/place/

and with gmount-iso....Now i feel really stupid. I tried all day and it didn't work. Nothing did... I think i can acces the ISO because i have it mounted in my virtual WinXP (don't know if that makes any difference).

The problem now is that I can't see some files that are invisible and Ctr+H doesn't work.
    I know the files are invisible (and there) because I mounted the ISO in WinXP... Disk Usage Analyzer doesn't see the files either. And yes they are the bulk of the DVD. The part that is visible and accesbile is only 37mb.

L.E.: I can't open the ISO with archive manager.
    CD-ROM is NOT in ISO 9660 format
    Last edited by Grps; September 10th, 2009 at 06:41 PM.