Thread: syncing openoffice toolbar layouts?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

syncing openoffice toolbar layouts?

I've successfully managed to set up a home dir syncing solution with unison, including firefox bookmarks. I've been unsuccessful finding exactly what needs to be synced for the layout of openoffice apps to transfer over.

For example, I customize most of my toolbars and arrange them in a non-standard way; this is time consuming, I fiddle with it frequently, and manually propagating those changes to my other computer is a hassle.

Does anyone know where/which config file stores these toolbars and their layout in openoffice, so that I can add that file/folder to my sync list?

Regards,

David

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: syncing openoffice toolbar layouts?

Quote Originally Posted by glacialfury View Post
    I've successfully managed to set up a home dir syncing solution with unison, including firefox bookmarks. I've been unsuccessful finding exactly what needs to be synced for the layout of openoffice apps to transfer over.

For example, I customize most of my toolbars and arrange them in a non-standard way; this is time consuming, I fiddle with it frequently, and manually propagating those changes to my other computer is a hassle.

Does anyone know where/which config file stores these toolbars and their layout in openoffice, so that I can add that file/folder to my sync list?

Regards,

David
    I don't know where the defaults are stored but I have noticed that all custom toolbars & their layouts are stored with the document.

Save an empty document as a template.
    To start a new document with the same layouts, select template & then the name of the template you saved.

In version 3.1.1 my templates are saved in
    ~/.openoffice.org/3/user/template/

jdb

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Some hints here: [Tutorial] The OOo user profile. See the *.xcu files related to each component.
    Ubuntu user # 14396

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Thank you both for your replies; I'll play around with the solutions offered and see what works. Your rapid responses are, as always, appreciated.