Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: FL Studio 9 in Ubuntu (using Wine)

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: FL Studio 9 in Ubuntu (using Wine)

Is it just for me or the new FLS 9.1 doesn't work at all?

It just gives me a 'segfault', same thing for 9.5beta.

Does anyone have this issue too?
    How does 9.1 works for you?

Beans

I am using FL studio 9.1, Works solid rock. I installed it using this how-to, even add the lines 'chrt -f -p 1 env WINERT=10 env' in front of the app-starter (i can't feel the defference). i am using ubuntustudio10.04 with FalkTX-repos, lowlatency kernel and with pulseaudio removed from my system (using "Audiohacks" repository that allows to successfully remove pulseaudio and using alsa instead)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Totalchaos View Post
    I am using FL studio 9.1, Works solid rock. I installed it using this how-to, even add the lines 'chrt -f -p 1 env WINERT=10 env' in front of the app-starter (i can't feel the defference). i am using ubuntustudio10.04 with FalkTX-repos, lowlatency kernel and with pulseaudio removed from my system (using "Audiohacks" repository that allows to successfully remove pulseaudio and using alsa instead)
    Good to know,

What is your Wine version?

BTW, the 'WINE_RT' thing only works if you *don't* have the Wine PPA enabled
    It only makes difference when you run FLS with small buffer sizes (<=128 )

Beans

i am using wine 1.2 from your repository. good to know about the lowlatency sfuff by the way if it matters i started FLstudio with the ordinary, NOT the extended memory icon, if i start with extended memory icon it collapses the program (like in your case)
    PS:what happened with your plans of making FLStudio demo to a deb file. if this can help you in my opinion the FLstudio7 was the the most linux friendly edition, i am using 9.1 in my system but i am keeping 64studio 2.1 on a different partition with FL7 on it
    Last edited by Totalchaos; August 27th, 2010 at 04:57 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Totalchaos View Post
    i am using wine 1.2 from your repository. good to know about the lowlatency sfuff by the way if it matters i started FLstudio with the ordinary, NOT the extended memory icon, if i start with extended memory icon it collapses the program (like in your case)
    The 'extended' thing is suppose to give you the possibility to use 3Gb of RAM (since 32bit apps usually have 2Gb RAM limit in windows, afaik)

I have a page explaining the Wine-RT stuff in my page:
    http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/inde...d=56&Itemid=12

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

"Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: pulseaudio (>= 1:0.9.22~0.9.21+stable-queue-32-g8478-0ubuntu14+withjack2)"

...while trying to install pulse-jack deb. What's wrong?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Matyas Maa View Post
    "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: pulseaudio (>= 1:0.9.22~0.9.21+stable-queue-32-g8478-0ubuntu14+withjack2)"

...while trying to install pulse-jack deb. What's wrong?
    Hm... thanks for reporting.
    I'll fix this soon (look for a pulse-jack '0.9~ppa5' fixed package, soon)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Huge thanks to you, falkTX - without your work on this subject I'd probably be forced to use Windows.

Beans

hey whats up people....1st i'm a complete noob to liinux so be gentle...i followed your how to(not easy 4 me) and read all 15 pages of post that followed ,so i installed fl 9 and it's fine just no sound , i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong but i think it's that this step (regsvr32 wineasio.dll) i get (Failed to load DLL wineasio.dll) and i did what the other people did in the post to resolve this but to no avail and i also get the error sometimes that says (failed to create directsound main object) and i did what the other people did to resolve but no dice it didnt work for me and the fact that when i open jack and get three different window that i don't understand and anytime i touch anything i loose all audio and i have to restart my computer holding the power button cuz my power and restart button get greyed out ,other than that everything went good i installed everything else...hopefuly the screen shots will help or if you need me to run a command and post results let me no(post commands as it needs to be run.i don't understand go to ~/\%usr/bin/whatever..lol.)...fl 9 is my only tie to windoze 7....thnx 4 any info...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Divide et impera

You have installed FL studio, right. Now, leave it alone (close it) and solve the basics first.

For starters, you need to register wineasio.dll successfully.

Please give the output of the following informative commands so we can help:

uname -rm

sudo updatedb && locate wineasio (enter the password and wait a bit ....)

wine --version

It will continue...

Cheers! Pablo

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast