Thread: Updated applications

Beans

Question Updated applications

Hi,

I want update some applications like Yakuake, Kapman and others. How can I do that, because looks like ubuntu don't update some application how can I update this and other applications, There is a way or I have unistall and download a new version and install the new version?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Updated applications

I'm not familiar with those applications but if they were installed from the repositories either through 'Add/Remove' or 'Synaptic Package Manager' then they will update through 'Update Manager'.

If you downloaded and installed them yourself then you have two possible options. If the maintainers have a repository then you can add it to your Software Sources and then you'll be able to update through the Update Manager. If not then you will need to download and install the newer version. Uninstallation of the old application is sometimes required but usually not.

tgeer
    "Programming is an art form that fights back."

HP Pavillion DV9500T 17" Notebook • 2.2GHz Core2 Duo • 4GB RAM • Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS 512MB
    Running Ubuntu 10.04 [64-bit]+Gnome+Compiz from HD / Puppy Linux 4.2.1SMP in RAM from USB Flash