Thread: Please check out my article on Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Please check out my article on Linux

Hello

I wrote an article on Linux on my blog, about what Linux is and its features.

Please tell me what you think of it and are there any mistakes in it.

Here is the article: http://techzillax.blogspot.com/2009/...-on-linux.html
    Dual-boot Mint 10 and Windows 7

My Linux blog: http://techzillax.blogspot.com/

Beans

Re: Please check out my article on Linux

Read, it nice overall view for new linux users.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

will do
    When close to achieving you quit! If you don't try you failed. Real Winners are not afraid of losing.
    ubuntu newsletter ; Report Papercuts (small annoyances/bugs) ; beginners guide and video http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tNpt5RZYI

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

I agree. Nicely written, with a good basic explanation of explanation of what Linux is all about.

I did find one misspelled word in section 7:
    A Linux computer can exist beisde computers running other operating systems on the same network.
    Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!
    Adventures In Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

You might want to point out that software written for one Linux distro will always run on another Linux distro, and introduce the concept of repositories (this is the one thing which most often causes headaches for people who first start out with Linux, they wind up trying to compile things which can easily be installed through the repos.)

Other than that (and the unflattering GNOME screenshot,) this is a very good article.
    He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
    -Thomas Paine

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Ya really good,easy to understand for all..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

only needs some pics (best if with a nice looking theme). 1 for gnome and 1 for kde4

linux has lots of games, specially casual (and probably addictive classics)
    http://www.flamedesktop.com/?cat=115

except a lot less native "high end" gaming (but most people don't have the hardware anyway, most are stuck with integrated cheap 3d in laptops)

at this time might be actually be better to get a console than a high end 3d card

oh and let non logged users/anonymous leave their comments
    When close to achieving you quit! If you don't try you failed. Real Winners are not afraid of losing.
    ubuntu newsletter ; Report Papercuts (small annoyances/bugs) ; beginners guide and video http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tNpt5RZYI

Learn to write in a more structured format making better use of connectives, currently your article reads like a long list of points and dousen't flow very well. for example, rewriting the first few paragraphs:

Linux is a computer operating system, originally this name referred to the Kernel, the core or engine of an operating system that handles the low-level tasks like disk and peripheral management. With the user land of the operating system coming from the GNU project, the result being known as GNU/Linux. However over time the `GNU' was dropped, and the name became Linux.

The Kernel is combined with software from other sources including the GNU project, and a host of software developed by Open Source supports around the world. Examples of applications include BASH, a command shell, X11, a GUI server and Firefox, a highly popular web browser. This combination forms a complete and highly modular environment which can be easily moulded to preform different tasks.
    im dyslexic, please don't comment on my spelling
    blender 3d artist, visit my portfolio
    Quad-Ren, Open source, resolution independent 2D graphics engine
    Screen space is a precious resource, don't waste it