Recently I have been talking to Prentice Hall, the rather spanky-awesome publishers of The Official Ubuntu Book
by Mako, Matthew Helmke and Corey Burger, and the brand new Official Ubuntu Server Book
by our friend and yours, Kyle Rankin and Mako. These books were commissioned by Debra Williams-Cauley who has been awesome getting them on the shelves, and her sidekick is one Heather Fox who I have been chatting with recently to see if we can score some free copies for our rather fantastic Ubuntu LoCo Teams. Fortunately, Heather has been able to make the magic happen. Prentice Hall are happy to send each and every approved LoCo team one free copy of The Official Ubuntu Book and one free copy of The Official Ubuntu Server book. To be entirely clear: this is one copy of each book per team. This will be a great addition to each team’s library of Ubuntu books!
To keep this as simple as possible, you can request your books by following these steps:
- The team contact shown on our LoCo Team List (and only the team contact) should send Heather Fox an email at heather DOT fox AT pearson DOT com and include the following details:
- Your full name.
- Which team you are from.
- Your full address (including zip/postal code, region and country).
- Your phone number, including country and area code.
- Heather will process your application and let you know if it is approved.
- If approved, she will get your books in the post.
A few notes:
- Only approved teams are eligible for the free copies of the books.
- Only the team contact for each team (shown on this page) can make the request for the book.
- There is a limit of one copy of each book per approved team.
- Prentice Hall will cover postage, but not any import tax or other shipping fees.
- When you have the books, it is up to you what you do with them. We recommend you share them between members of the team. LoCo Leaders: please don’t hog them for yourselves!
- The deadline for getting your requests in Wed 12th August 2009.
If you have any questions or queries, don’t contact me or Canonical, contact Heather Fox at heather DOT fox AT pearson DOT com.
Also, for those teams who are not approved or yet to approved, you can still score a rather nice 35% discount on the books by registering your LoCo with the Prentice Hall User Groups Program
All in all a pretty sweet deal, methinks. Enjoy!