Thread: Alt Gr no longer works after upgrade to 9.10

Beans

Alt Gr no longer works after upgrade to 9.10

Since updating to Karmic, my keyboard's AltGr key (the right one) no longer works. It's supposed to enable the 3rd level of keys on my international layout (I use an english keyboard, but my first language is spanish). What I find stranger is that now when I press AltGr+/ (it's supposed to write the opening question mark '¿') and then another letter it prints some strange and letters with marks I 've never seen: ʠ ⱳ ẻ ƭ ỷ ủ ỉ ỏ̉ ƥ ả ʂ ɗ ƒ ɠ ɦ ȥ ƈ ʋ ɓ ɲ ɱ

This is a rather vanilla ubuntu karmic, updated from a jaunty updated from.... up to an 7.10 at least. The keyboard is a rather generic one and I tried with another even more generic and it didn't work either.

Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Alt Gr no longer works after upgrade to 9.10

I have the same problem on a Danish keyboard, after updating from jaunty to karmic.

Beans

I've been able to fix it by changing the layout from "USA Alternative International (former us_intl)" to "USA International (with dead Keys)"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Mine (Danish keyboard) works now. Two things were changed so I'm not sure which fixed it: the update manager installed a bunch of new updates, and while that was going on I opened the Keyboard Preferences, and switched the "Alt/Win key behavior" setting, but then switched it back to Default. After a reboot I have my normal AltGr behavior.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

if the problem persists you might want to look here as well.