Page 103 of 169 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1689

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by markginter24 View Post
    Ok - I uninstalled the compiled wacom driver and re-installed the xserver-wacom-whatever that's included with Ubuntu and now I have the identical results with the other person. Touch does not work, stylus works (with ROTATE!!!! nice!) So I'm at a pretty good place. It looks like in the Xorg log file that maybe evdev and wacom drivers are having a not-so-nice-time together (maybe?) I don't know what I'm looking at though...
    Just to confirm, are you using the firmware that comes with Vista or are you using Windows 7? Also, can you post a copy of your /var/log/Xorg.0.log? It will help us see what is happening. Thanks!

EDIT: I am just confirming because I thought I saw that you said that you were using a multitouch xorg.
    Last edited by Ayuthia; May 20th, 2010 at 01:31 PM.

Beans

Vista firmware.

I'm attaching the xorg.conf and the Xorg log.

Beans

ok - apparently I don't know how to attach files...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Hi,

Another problem I'm having is that, whenever I use accelerator keys (Ctrl+T, Ctrl+C, etc.), I get about a half-second pause where the trackpad is unresponsive. The mouse pointer doesn't lag in this time; it really is like the trackpad turns off and then turns back on. Has anyone run into this issue?

Again, I'm running stock Ubuntu with the radeon driver. This occurs with Compiz off or on.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks,

Jake

Beans

yes I get that track pad pause for just a split second after a ctrl+c

Beans
    Distro

@sacredpotato and markginter24 -
    Both of you will need to upgrade the hid-ntrig kernel module. Here is a link to the updated source post.

If you want an automated installer, you can try this one. It is currently using the source from the link above. You will only need to install the ntrig version (./installer.py ntrig) instead of all the packages. The current wacom driver should work fine.

From what I recall, the touch does not respond because it was missing the BTN_TOUCH call in the kernel module. The updated module should fix this problem.

Beans

thanks I'll get on this when I take my lunch ... battery low for now so I'm going to shut down. again thank you for all of the help.

Beans

I'm using linux mint -- the installer doesn't work

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by markginter24 View Post
    I'm using linux mint -- the installer doesn't work
    Interesting. I figured that it was based on Ubuntu so there should not have been any problems. Do you know if you are able to download the source for the kernel?
    Code:
    sudo apt-get build-dep linux-image-$(uname -r)
    cd
    apt-get source linux-image-$(uname -r)
    If you are able to do this, we can try to do this manually.

Beans

wow - pardon my ignorance, but do I just copy the .c file into the kernel source tree somewhere and then compile? I could follow the instructions to apply the patch - but this .c file is a little confusing.

So anyway --

Yes - I'm able to download the kernel source.

EDIT

I was able to use the installer - it downloaded, compiled and I rebooted.

OK - seems to be working with the altered udev rules (the 61 one) and the minimal xorg.conf.

Rotate works, setting devices on and off works -- so why didn't it work with the default udev rules?
    Last edited by markginter24; May 20th, 2010 at 07:32 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot... It does work -- it just didn't download the one patch file the one day and I assumed the installer failed.

Page 103 of 169 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast