Page 99 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntiac View Post
    I was told by people using both distro's that this was patched. Neither worked when I tried them.

I also compiled QT from source on Arch. This still failed, too.

Indeed. However, the fact that it still didn't work on distro(s) that are already patched has me concerned for if 4.6.3 will actually help.

Way ahead of you...
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...dk/+bug/564420

I'm hoping you're wrong, although I suspect you're right, especially with Lucid being an LTS.

Anyway, thanks for looking into this Ayuthia. It's appreciated! One day I'll get to try Krita with my tablet... One day!
    I am trying out Qt 4.7 in Gentoo and it is providing pressure with the pen using the Wacom driver! I have not tried out the other features in Qt yet though.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Franc Kaos View Post
    A problem I might be having is that the ntrig firmware I began with was 2.59, but I then upgraded to 2.184 (ie I uninstalled 2.59, then installed the later one). I emailed HP tech support as to release dates of the latest 32 bit firmware, but received no answer as of yet. It's frustrating, so close (the screen responds to touch - as in left click, and in the right place), just no scroll, zoom or right click. Anyway, much thanks for the help.
    My turn to apologize for the delay. From the information that you provided here, it looks like it is working like it should for now. The gestures (scroll, zoom, and right click) are not available yet.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sacredpotato View Post
    Ok I did a fresh install of 10.04 yesterday an it is the same story. I have the latest firmware installled from win7 64 bit, and I have ubuntu 10.04 64 bit installed. I have now read this post 3 times over and this still seems to be a bit too complicated for me and I was wondeing if there was a kind soul that could meet me in the #ubuntu channel and guide me through this maze so I can get the touch and multiple touch working. Thank you in advance to any and all willing to help me undertake this adventure. I'm also thnking shout makin a video documentary of my centre into Linux full time on my laptop and the comunities help. Might end up postig it to YouTube I the hopes of bringing more people on the border into the fold. Anywho my name on irc is tophu you can hit me up if you see me I there or send me a message on the forums with a date and time and I will hop on. ^_^ again thank you all for your hard work on getting this workig it has been awesome watching this come together over the past year or so.
    These two posts should allow you to try out multitouch in Lucid:
    Use this to install

And this to use multitouch with the updated code.

I have not had a chance to use this in a couple of months, so I am not for sure about what changes have been made to this set of the evdev source.
    Last edited by Ayuthia; May 11th, 2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Updated second link

Beans

doesn't work on 10.04

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by championswimmer View Post
    doesn't work on 10.04
    I just tested it out and it seems to be working like it should. I did notice that my second link was incorrect so the instructions on how to create the pointers was not there so I have updated it. For your convenience, this is the link.

If it still does not work, please let us know how it was not working for you.

By the way, the pointers will be created with this, but the left click functionality is not there yet, but you are able to get multiple pointers on the screen.
    Last edited by Ayuthia; May 11th, 2010 at 02:39 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    I am trying out Qt 4.7 in Gentoo and it is providing pressure with the pen using the Wacom driver! I have not tried out the other features in Qt yet though.
    /me gets down on knees and prays to whatever diety/dieties may be out there.

Could 4 long years of trying to get any tablet working with KDE apps be at an end? Time to compile and see. Should I need to do anything to configure this other than installing QT 4.7?
    Facebook, Apple, Google, corrupt governments, the ISP's and Telco's
    can be beaten at their own game by free and open source software.
    Here's how. (Extra credit)

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntiac View Post
    /me gets down on knees and prays to whatever diety/dieties may be out there.

Could 4 long years of trying to get any tablet working with KDE apps be at an end? Time to compile and see. Should I need to do anything to configure this other than installing QT 4.7?
    As far as I know, Qt recognizes the Wacom driver so as long as you are using that driver, it should work. I did not do anything but compile the source (no patching either). As usual, you will need to make sure that you have all the dependencies to build the source. I have not tried it in Ubuntu yet so I am not for sure what you will need.

Beans

ok so I ran the script in post 2 and that got touch working .. I've tried the xorg.con and the 10-wacom.conf at /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/ and neither work

doing the 10-wacom.conf thing stopped touch from working so I had to undo that cpoy pasting the multitouch xorg.conf didn't seem to do anything

I don't know enough about the syntax of xorg.conf to set it up I think but the applet for rotation still rotates 180 but doesn't rotate the mouse input even when I set it to N-trig Touch

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by sacredpotato View Post
    ok so I ran the script in post 2 and that got touch working .. I've tried the xorg.con and the 10-wacom.conf at /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/ and neither work

doing the 10-wacom.conf thing stopped touch from working so I had to undo that cpoy pasting the multitouch xorg.conf didn't seem to do anything

I don't know enough about the syntax of xorg.conf to set it up I think but the applet for rotation still rotates 180 but doesn't rotate the mouse input even when I set it to N-trig Touch
    Please clarify a few points.

1. you're using lucid, right?
    2. you have edited 10-wacom.conf
    3. have you created /etc/X11/xorg.conf (or does it exist anyway).
    4. Which features are you trying to get working, multitouch or basic pen, touch and rotation?

Anyway, please run
    Code:
    xinput list
    xsetwacom list
    And for any n-trig devices in the xinput list that are not in the wacom list, please check them individually with
    [code]
    xinput list-props <device id>
    [code]

It would be best to start off with pen/eraser on wacom, and touch/multitouch on evdev.

At the moment, I'd say the general X mt support is not really ready for general use. We don't actually have a working implementation of the intended mt interface. So unless you really really are itching to play with that stuff, I'd recommend a bit of patients.

Beans

awesome script. i was just writing this by hand and you've saved me a lot of debugging of the cursor calibration! thank you!!

tx2 on lucid with original vista firmware (evdev & xinput control method)

i'm going to adapt this to also use it to 'toggle touch' input (to disable touch via the check-mark key on the panel, for when i want to use the pen in Xournal and similar apps). i have a PHP based one now that handled the changing inpu id & props numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by pepar View Post
    Hello all,

PEP

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    #
    # Enhanced rotate shell script, based on rafiyr's http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9133869&postcount=918
    # and others (gathered on forums).
    # Added rturn & lturn, to rotate screen left/right a quarter turn at a time (mainly
    # because default hp-wmi module was not returning an 'event' for the 'Rotate' button
    # on the bezel of my tx2z, nor for hinge rotation).
    #
    # This script can be used as the command in a 'rotate' applet/launcher button manually added
    # to the desktop panel (w. 90° rotation to emulate to bezel button (under Windows), or
    # possibly 180° flip, with each click of the applet).
    #	with (for example) command: /usr/local/bin/rotator.sh rturn evdev touch wacom 6
    #	(assuming you put an executable copy of the script in '/usr/local/bin'
    #
    # Usage: rotator.sh  [-v]   direction|position    method  device    [...]
    #
    # where:	-v	turn on Verbose mode
    # 		Direction = (lturn|l)|(rturn|r)|(flip|f)
    #			Turn 90° to the Left or Right, or Flip 180° (inversion), relative to previous position
    #		Orientation = (right|3)|(left|1)|(normal|0|(inverted|2)
    #			Turn the display TO that position
    #		Method: (wacom|evdev)
    #		Device: (stylus|eraser|touch|mttouch|dev#)
    #

Page 99 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast