Page 165 of 169 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1689

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Hmm. I'm using whatever version of hid-ntrig ships with vanilla 3.4.x. I don't know how to check for a specific version number... modinfo gave me:

vermagic: 3.4.7-1-ARCH SMP preempt mod_unload modversions 686

But looking at git.kernel.org, I see that that last update to hid-ntrig was March 2011, so it would make sense if that's the version I have as well.

I'm trying to develop apps with multitouch and I want to be able to receive touch events from X11.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Alright we'll have to see what Rafi says. Although you could compare the code to the last couple of hid-ntrig.ko's Rafi asked to be tested. See where the hid-ntrig.c in the kernel's code is at. I don't think anyone reported on the last hid-trig.ko Rafi submitted for testing. Which surprised me as it seemed to be the best one yet.

Beans

I installed Rafi's updated module (the one linked to on the first post) and it's much much smoother. There's still a little jitter (noticeable if you try drawing a diagonal line for example), but its now definitely in the realm of usable.

Still no XInput touch events though. Any idea how I could get that up and running?

Also, another quick question for Rafi if/when he sees this referring to his post on this module:

* How do you do in-kernel calibration? Specifically you wrote ... "echo a duration in ms to /sys/bus/hid/<id>/calibrate". Where do you get <id> from?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by kachofool View Post
    I installed Rafi's updated module (the one linked to on the first post) and it's much much smoother. There's still a little jitter (noticeable if you try drawing a diagonal line for example), but its now definitely in the realm of usable.

Still no XInput touch events though. Any idea how I could get that up and running?

Also, another quick question for Rafi if/when he sees this referring to his post on this module:

* How do you do in-kernel calibration? Specifically you wrote ... "echo a duration in ms to /sys/bus/hid/<id>/calibrate". Where do you get <id> from?
    Hi, sorry to ignore this thread, crazy [unspecified length of time].

Glad it's smoother. I still want to send a version of that to the mainline kernel.

I have to catch up on posts. Might be a few more days before I have any useful responses.

As for which nodes:
    for i in /sys/bus/hid/devices/*:1B96:*/calibrate
    do
    echo 5000 > $i
    done

I think the second one is likely to be the one that will actually work, but it should do no harm to trigger both. Just do them one at a time.

Beans

Hi every body. I´m new here, writing from spain, so sorry for my englis.

I read all post during this weeks, and i want to say thaks to every body for your job. Thaks a lot, you are amazing people.

Well, i have a hp tx2 model 1370us. i prove difent versions of ubuntu, 12.10,12.04,10.04, fedora, suse, kubuntu..... ..... .... etc etc.
    Finaly i decided to use the most stable (for me), is 10.10 ubuntu version.
    Now i only use a full partition whiout win 7. Only 10.10 version.
    After install, and update, and use the privative drivers, i start to find the way to rotate as table mode. i can´t do that whit any version of magick rotation because the cursor invert the position.

Finaly using the script from nicolasum in #1440 page 144 whit modification it´s work.

my xinput --list is similar to this but whiout pen eraser and no stylus, only Pen.in red that i remove

⎡ Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)]
    ⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ N-Trig Pen eraser id=11 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ N-Trig Pen stylus id=12 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ N-Trig MultiTouch id=13 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ N-Trig Touchscreen stylus id=14 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad id=16 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button id=6 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Video Bus id=7 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button id=8 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button id=9 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ HP Webcam id=10 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard id=15 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ HP WMI hotkeys id=17 [slave keyboard (3)]

this, Manually switch on/off the multitouch work perfectly. I give permisions of execution in /bin/sh/"nameoffile" and put a launcher on the upper bar or desktop.

For autorotation i change it like this: in green that i change
    #!/bin/sh
    OLDMODE=$(cat /sys/devices/platform/hp-wmi/tablet)
    while true; do
    MODE=$(cat /sys/devices/platform/hp-wmi/tablet)
    if [ "$MODE" != "$OLDMODE" ]
    then
    #echo "$MODE - $OLDMODE"
    case "$MODE" in
    "0")
    # Do something
    echo "Normal mode"
    xrandr -o normal
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig Pen" "Evdev Axes Swap" 0
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig Pen" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 0 0
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig Pen" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 0 9600 0 7200
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axes Swap" 0
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 0 0
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 0 9600 0 7200
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axes Swap" 0
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 0 0
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 0 9600 0 7200
    #cellwriter --hide-window
    ;;
    "1")
    # Do something else
    echo "Tablet mode"
    xrandr -o inverted
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig Pen" "Evdev Axes Swap" 0
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig Pen" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 1 1
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig Pen" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 0 9600 0 7200
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axes Swap" 0
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 1 1
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 0 9600 0 7200
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axes Swap" 0
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 1 1
    xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 0 9600 0 7200
    #cellwriter --show-window
    ;;
    esac
    OLDMODE=$MODE
    fi
    sleep 2s
    done

Whell whith this changes, and givind executionpermision to the new file (i call it rotate), and put it as start program, all works.

The cursor apears inveted, but well on screen, and when i touch a fire the cursor update the correct position.

I hope, this can help to other user.

Beans
    Distro

Hi naufrago,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums and this thread!

Thank you for sharing your solution. I am glad you found the thread useful. I too think Maverick (10.10) was the best release so far. But the consensus with N-Trig digitizer users is probably Natty (11.04) or Oneiric (11.10). Because of ease of setup and being able to use ginn for multi-touch. Unfortunately it is not clear if the N-Trig multi-touch can be gotten to work on Precise (12.04), which is what is on the last couple of pages.

There was a bug in evdev CTM rotation starting with Magick 1.4 which was fixed in Magick 1.6.2.

The Pen is expected to be on the Wacom driver not the evdev driver. It is the Wacom driver that appends stylus and eraser to Pen in xinput list. There was a bug with the default version of xf86-input-wacom that inverted the pointer in portrait modes in Ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10. For the fix see this FAQ: https://answers.launchpad.net/magick-rotation/+faq/1603

Beans

Hi again.
    Now, i reinstall ubuntu in 11.04 version folowing Favux recomendation, and after update and solve the problem whit wifi instaling wicd, i install magick rotation version 1.5 and all work perfectly. Thanks.

But, ginn doesn´t work or i don´t now how works whith it. If i execute ginn in a terminal and make touch the screnn whit two, three or four finger, ginn show information at the terminal like it reconaice the moves.
    How can i put ginn to work??

Sorry for my englis, remember i´m from spain.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro

In your ginn wishes.xml file in /etc do you see this line?
    Code:
    <action name="action1" when="update">
    for each "wish"? Instead of?
    Code:
    <action name="action1">
    The second line is the old syntax.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    In your ginn wishes.xml file in /etc do you see this line?
    Code:
    <action name="action1" when="update">
    for each "wish"? Instead of?
    Code:
    <action name="action1">
    The second line is the old syntax.
    Sorry for no replay fast. I don´t chet its because, one more time y reinstall new version of ubuntu y my hp tx2, now i´m cheking a 11.10 version. This version works fine whit last version of magick-rotation, 1.6, and i think ginn works because i can make scroll whit two fingers y a pdf reader.

But when i rotate the touch screen whit finger doesn´t work properly, the cursor is blinking. whith the pencil works fine.

When i come back to a normal screen position the problem is still there and i have to reboot the pc.

Ginn, zoom in and out doesn´t work fine, there is a lot of jumps.

So i think, the most estable version for this pc is 11.04??
    thanks.

Beans
    Distro

But when i rotate the touch screen whit finger doesn´t work properly, the cursor is blinking. whith the pencil works fine.

When i come back to a normal screen position the problem is still there and i have to reboot the pc.
    The pen is on the Wacom driver while touch is on the evdev driver. Is that happening in Magick 1.6.2? I fixed an evdev CTM (coordinate matrix transformation) rotation bug in 1.6.2,
    Ginn, zoom in and out doesn´t work fine, there is a lot of jumps.
    There are some xinput parameters that might be available to adjust for touch. That may be all you need. But if the problem is with ginn itself...
    So i think, the most estable version for this pc is 11.04??
    That could be but I would think Oneiric is just as good.

The problem with Precise is ginn was deprecated in favor of geiss I guess. And no one has figured out how to get gestures working on it, or at least posted how to do it.

Page 165 of 169 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167 ... LastLast