Page 164 of 169 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1689

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Hi brett and everyone,

Call for N-Trig on evdev Magick Rotation xrotate.py testers.

Just back up or rename your current xrotate.py in the magick-rotation folder and use the attached one instead.

Gone through a good chunk of the code now. Fixed a showstopper "bug" for the Nvidia proprietary driver. Although not sure if any N-Trig tablet PCs use a Nvidia video card. But at least a travel mouse using evdev will now work in tablet mode. Added a few sorts.

Went through the the first rotation CTM code and confirmed it looks good. So the problem is with the "new" stuff that deals with when a second monitor is connected to the tablet PC. Fixed that by simple disabling the values that part of the code was assigning to the coordinate transform matrix.

So xrotate.py should now basically be working and functioning as it did before the second monitor stuff was added. Hopefully with no bugs now.

Mathmatically I think I have a pretty good idea what's going wrong with the second monitor code. Going through the code and identifying and fixing the problem(s) is another story. That may take a while. Doesn't look like Jayhawk is going to ride to the rescue.

Brett I don't know. Is the second monitor connected feature important to you? Something you are using? I'm trying to figure out what priority I should give it.

Provided this test xrotate.py works after testing should I do a bug fix release of Magick with it? Or should I wait until I have the second monitor stuff doped out? What's everyone's opinion?
    Last edited by Favux; September 13th, 2012 at 08:38 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi brett and everyone,

Second call for N-Trig on evdev Magick Rotation xrotate.py testers.

I think I've fixed it. Looks like you were right brett, it appears to have been related to the sum x and y problem. I changed the for loop's iteration to one less and that seems to have done it. The second monitor connected code is now back and the results are still correct.

I would be interested in what someone who does attach to a monitor sees. I haven't verified the code/math with an attached monitor yet. I'm hoping someone who has that setup will do it. Otherwise I'll have to bite the bullet and start testing with an attached monitor.

Again rename your current xrotate.py and substitute the attached xrotate.py for it. You can get some diagnostics from it by running it in a terminal with:
    Code:
    python xrotate.py
    And add the direction using 'normal', 'left', 'right', 'inverted'. Example:
    Code:
    python xrotate.py left
    Information from some print statements should appear. There are other print statements you can uncomment if you want. Also more information by turning debug on by changing near the top:
    Code:
    debug = 0
    to:
    Code:
    debug = 1
    Last edited by Favux; September 13th, 2012 at 08:38 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by brettpim View Post
    I also have the following behaviour:

If the MultiTouch is active then whenever I touch the screen the system does not get the "button release" event when I lift my finger off the screen. thereafter I can move the mouse with any of finger, stylus, trackpad, trackpoint, or external mouse, but left button presses/releases do not register at all. Sometimes I can regsiter right button presses but not always. Is there a parameter here I can change to be more sensitive to lifting my finger OFF the screen:

Code:
    Device 'N-Trig MultiTouch':
    	Device Enabled (132):	1
    	Coordinate Transformation Matrix (134):	1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000
    	Device Accel Profile (250):	0
    	Device Accel Constant Deceleration (251):	1.000000
    	Device Accel Adaptive Deceleration (252):	1.000000
    	Device Accel Velocity Scaling (253):	10.000000
    	Evdev Axis Inversion (254):	0, 0
    	Evdev Axis Calibration (255):	<no items>
    	Evdev Axes Swap (256):	0
    	Axis Labels (257):	"Abs X" (268), "Abs Y" (269), "Abs Misc" (288)
    	Button Labels (258):	"Button Unknown" (249), "Button Unknown" (249), "Button Unknown" (249), "Button Wheel Up" (138), "Button Wheel Down" (139)
    	Evdev Middle Button Emulation (259):	1
    	Evdev Middle Button Timeout (260):	50
    	Evdev Wheel Emulation (261):	0
    	Evdev Wheel Emulation Axes (262):	0, 0, 4, 5
    	Evdev Wheel Emulation Inertia (263):	10
    	Evdev Wheel Emulation Timeout (264):	200
    	Evdev Wheel Emulation Button (265):	4
    	Evdev Drag Lock Buttons (266):	0
    xinput --query-state "N-Trig MultiTouch" yields

Code:
    2 classes :
    ButtonClass
    	button[1]=down
    	button[2]=up
    	button[3]=up
    	button[4]=up
    	button[5]=up
    ValuatorClass Mode=Absolute Proximity=In
    	valuator[0]=640
    	valuator[1]=400
    	valuator[2]=0

thanks
    brett

Hi Brett,

I have the exact same issue after installing debian squeeze on my Latitude XT. It renders the system unusable unless I completely disable the touch screen using xinput. Have you made any progress on the issue? Do you know which package/version caused the change? It's weird because this didn't happen before when I had Maverick on my system a couple of years ago.

I also didn't have this issue with Ubuntu 12.10 or Arch either but I can't use either of those since radeon drivers are pretty broken in both. Also, for whatever reason, xinput lists my touch screen as "N-trig DuoSense", not "N-Trig MultiTouch". Don't know if that's important.

Beans
    Distro

Hi kachofool and Brett,

It's weird because this didn't happen before when I had Maverick on my system a couple of years ago. I also didn't have this issue with Ubuntu 12.10 or Arch either but I can't use either of those since radeon drivers are pretty broken in both.
    By any chance does the loss of left click after touching the screen occur after a fresh boot, before you do any screen rotatation? And kachofool, are you using Precise (12.04)?

Also, for whatever reason, xinput lists my touch screen as "N-trig DuoSense", not "N-Trig MultiTouch". Don't know if that's important.
    That would indicate only single finger touch is available, not multi-touch. The ntrig.ko should be generating a "N-Trig MultiTouch" node.

Also I have a test version of Magick Rotation with the CTM calibration bug fixed. It's on the devel (experimental) branch, revision 64. Click "download tarball": http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~magick-...el/revision/64
    Last edited by Favux; September 20th, 2012 at 12:27 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

kachofool and Brett:

Would you please capture and post the output of evdev for a tap. If you can reliably reproduce the stuck behavior, those events would be ideal.

Also, clip the relevant section from the kernel messages. What kernel version are you using?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rafiyr View Post
    kachofool and Brett:

Would you please capture and post the output of evdev for a tap. If you can reliably reproduce the stuck behavior, those events would be ideal.

Also, clip the relevant section from the kernel messages. What kernel version are you using?
    Hey,

Unfortunately I wiped the system. I was on Debian stable (2.6.32) with the 2.254 N-Trig firmware with the mouse getting 'stuck' problem. Hopefully Brett can follow up with his issue in more detail.

I reinstalled with Maverick (2.6.38 I think) and Arch (with 3.4.7), and the 2.239 N-Trig firmware. Now both Ubuntu maverick and Arch shows me the expected output with mtview.

Beans

Also, a question/observation

* Is anyone using an Ntrig based multitouch screen with Linux kernel 3.4+? mtview looks like it works okay, but I have a really 'noisy' input... if I hold my finger down in one place, the cursor looks like its 'shivering'. I tried calibrating with the ntrig_utils tools I found in this thread (calib.sh) 3-4 times but it doesn't have an effect

kf

Beans
    Distro

Hi kachofool,

That's one of the things I was trying to ask. Which X Server(s) are you using?
    Code:
    Xorg -version
    Do you have to rotate to tablet mode before the shivering starts? Does your rotation method use CTM? There is an X Server bug that affects xf86-input-evdev when a CTM is applied: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=49347 I know it affects tablet pens on evdev and I figured it may also affect touch. A commit was done and is in X Server 1.13.0. But now someone is telling me the fix doesn't actually work.

Apparently Precise has dropped ginn in favor of geis. Don't know much about that because no one is reporting anything.

Beans

Hey Favux,

Here's a list of relevant libs on my system:
    xorg-server 1.12.3-1
    xinput 1.6.0, XI 2.2
    xf86-input-evdev 2.7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Do you have to rotate to tablet mode before the shivering starts?
    No. I don't use the rotation button at all and I don't have any utils installed for it. If I press the button I get a 'bad button input' kind of image notification from Gnome3.

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Does your rotation method use CTM? There is an X Server bug that affects xf86-input-evdev when a CTM is applied: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=49347 I know it affects tablet pens on evdev and I figured it may also affect touch. A commit was done and is in X Server 1.13.0. But now someone is telling me the fix doesn't actually work.
    Based on the information provided, I don't think that issue is related to what I'm seeing. I can use the stylus fine; drawing a line in a paint app is pretty smooth. Trying the same thing with my finger looks like I'm having a minor seizure

I'm also having trouble testing multitouch beyond mtview. I tried a few things and I can't tell if multitouch is set up as it should be (input jitter/noise aside):

* evtest: see a bunch of output when I try multitouch gestures on the screen, but its not clear to me if there's something in the output that confirms multitouch is working

* xinput test,query-state "N-trig MultiTouch": same story as above

* I even tried building a tiny Qt app to see what kind of X11 events I was receiving (http://gabrbedd.wordpress.com/2012/0...-in-qt-part-1/) but I just receive X11 mouse events when I use the touchscreen on the application window.

* I tried ignoring the "N-trig Touchscreen" entry in evdev-conf as well, but it doesn't seem to make a difference (it *does* get ignored according to xinput -list, but the above results don't change)

xorg log
    http://paste.ubuntu.com/1226009/

evtest output
    http://paste.ubuntu.com/1226008/

xinput test
    http://paste.ubuntu.com/1226011/

In summary:
    * Annoying jitter
    * Not sure multitouch through xinput/evdev is working right

So yeah. A little lost :/

kf

Beans
    Distro

The N-Trig pen should be on the Wacom X driver and so isn't affected by the CTM issue. But Debian/Ubuntu/Mint are using a hybrid X Server (1.11/1.12). The hybrid is in Ubuntu Precise and Mint Maya. Not sure which Debian. The Wacom X driver has to be patched to work with the hybrid otherwise your system freezes. See: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...postcount=1034 But of course any issue with the frankenserver shouldn't be affecting your Maverick or Arch installs.

I think Rafi also needs to know which hid-ntrig.ko you are using.

2.6.38 is Natty. Maverick has 2.6.35 and is no longer supported (EOL). Maverick does use ginn but you need Ayuthia's patched version.

Page 164 of 169 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166 ... LastLast