Page 160 of 169 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1689

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Here is the output of xinput --list:
    Code:
    ⎡ Virtual core pointer                          id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
    ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ AlpsPS/2 ALPS DualPoint TouchPad          id=10   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ DualPoint Stick                           id=11   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ N-Trig MultiTouch                         id=13   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ N-Trig Pen stylus                         id=14   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ N-Trig Pen eraser                         id=15   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ N-Trig Pen pad                            id=16   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ N-Trig Touchscreen                        id=17   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                         id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
        ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard               id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Video Bus                                 id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                              id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Sleep Button                              id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard              id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Dell WMI hotkeys                          id=12   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    The log file does not seem to record the rotation.

Are maby some rotation methods deprecated in Oneiric?

EDIT:
    - the differences between my lsinput and xinput are caused by modifying the psmouse driver in order to have the touchpad fully recognized as an alps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by drem; November 18th, 2011 at 07:02 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

OK, so Oneiric (11.10) with A09 BIOS on Dell XT. Using the A09 compatible dell-wmi.ko in MagickExtras.
    Code:
    Are maby some rotation methods deprecated in Oneiric?
    Not that I'm aware of. I don't think the current OSS Intel video drivers need to be told to enable rotation. I think they do that automatically.

That is one weird magick-log. It sort of looks like it did when we were polling so I assume it is stuck in a loop. Shouldn't repeat like that. And you say the screen orientation changes when you rotate the lid? And you went to tablet mode and back to laptop for that log? Because I don't see a rotation event at all.

What I can't figure out is why checkmagick64 is at:
    Code:
    /usr/share/magick-rotation/checkmagick64
    If you used the Installer to install the files then sure the magick-rotation folder should be in /usr/share, but checkmagick should be in /usr/bin. What you should see in magick-log is:
    Code:
    /usr/bin/checkmagick64
    How did it end up in the magick-rotation folder? I don't think I envisioned a use case like that, and I'm pretty sure I didn't test it.

Beans

Can anyone confirm if pressure sensitivity is available with the pen in mypaint, blender, etc?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I had pressure sensitivity on a Dell XT2 in the Xournal application. I do not know about mypaint or blender, but the hardware and software drivers had some support for pressure sensitivity. So, quick reply is that I would guess that it is probable if those apps support standard pressure-sensitivity-enabled drivers.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Nichod,

What release of Ubuntu are you using?

That's right. Pressure should be supported if the stylus is on the Wacom X driver. You can test that by entering in a terminal:
    Code:
    xsetwacom list
    You should see the stylus in the output.

Hi Nichod, Michael, and everyone,

I've sort of been waiting for folks to report on how Oneiric is working for them and if they have to anything different for say ginn.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey Favux !

I am sorry that I sort of dropped out of the loop here. I had to return my Dell XT2 to the university, so I couldn't work on that kernel driver for the rotation switch anymore. I think I was running Oneiric on it when I was working on that a few months ago during Christmas.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Michael,

Sorry you lost the XT2 to play with.

lol That's what I mean. I think Oneiric is working fine, and basically just like Natty. But I need some solid confirmation to update the HOW TO. Heck given the improvements to evdev I wonder if the stylus would also give pressure on the evdev X driver now, not just Wacom. Of course it would be linear instead of a Bezier curve. Stuff like that.

And we do need to get that dell-wmi.ko for the newer BIOS's worked out.

Beans

Okay, so I feel stupid. It seems like it's simple to fix the infamous "jumping cursor". At least in Windows it is.

So, the other week I got my Slate 500 to play around with. They are so cheap now it's almost worth it. Almost. But bought is bought. So, I had the same problem there. However, on the 500 there is an N-Trig icon on the taskbar by the clock. I clicked it, hit "properties...", and there it had something called "touch calibration". A LARGE and nice a button. I hit that one and voilá! The slate worked properly.

I just tried the same thing with my TX2. Cursor jumping -- went to control panel -- ntrig settings, however there it says something about "reset". Still, tried it out. And what do you know?! It works!

So there it's been all along... Yes, I am stupid.

Beans
    Distro

Ouch. But thanks for sharing!

Can you get the HP Slate (the 500's new name) working in linux? Nobody could on the Slate thread because of the video chipset. I'm interested because the N-Trig digitizer has the same PID I think and I just submitted a datafile for it to libwacom. If the Slate runs in linux oops, because the datafile won't discriminate it from the TX2z or XT's because of the identical PID. Also anyone have a Slate 700? What's the PID on it? Or in other words the output of:
    Code:
    lsusb

Beans

So, what do you need? I just picked a few.

12.04 has some half-screen weirdness going on. 12.10 works better than fine. Finger touch doesn't work though. Pen touch does.

BTW I like how I can pop in an SD-card and boot from that on it. Always bugged me that I couldn't do that on any of my other pc's.

edit: added xinput list and dmesg as well (in the "more" archive).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tannalv; May 30th, 2012 at 12:16 AM.

Page 160 of 169 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast