Page 148 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1689

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

I tried calibrate the screen as described HERE (HERE), but nothing happened. The cursor is still jumping around the screen...

EDIT:
    I tied to calibrate it again and it works (I think)... But after rebooting the system the calibration disappears and I must start all over. Is there a way how to fix it?
    Last edited by Redi46464; March 19th, 2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Additional info

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Redi46464 View Post
    I tried calibrate the screen as described HERE (HERE), but nothing happened. The cursor is still jumping around the screen...

EDIT:
    I tied to calibrate it again and it works (I think)... But after rebooting the system the calibration disappears and I must start all over. Is there a way how to fix it?
    Calibration is stored in the device and is independent of the host. If rebooting screws up calibration, you might have a hardware problem.

What version of the kernel are you using?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by rafiyr View Post
    Calibration is stored in the device and is independent of the host. If rebooting screws up calibration, you might have a hardware problem.

What version of the kernel are you using?
    I don’t think so, the touch screen under W7 is working perfectly (I have dualboot).

2.6.35-28-generic according to data from HardInfo.

EDIT:
    I noticed today, that after 3 hours using of the notebook the touch screen gets decalibrated again... But I still don’t think that its hardware problem, because the OS is working perfectly from the liveCD (even for long time)...
    Last edited by Redi46464; March 21st, 2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Additional info

Beans
    Distro

Thank you for your help. I solved it by "upgrading" to Ubuntu 10.04.2... Everything is working now (Multitouch not tested).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Redi46464 View Post

EDIT:
    Hmmm... I've tried a few things. Only one thing seems to work so far, removing the WiFi-card. And yes, I am serious.
    Turn off your laptop and remove the battery AND powercable. Underneath the laptop you'll find three lids. Two with two screws, and one with, obviously, one screw. Remove the lid with one screw and you'll find the WiFi-card. Remove the two antennas and the two screws, take the card out.
    Connect your laptop either via a wireless expresscard or via cable. Then turn the laptop on and try installing and using the version of Ubuntu you'd prefer to run.

At least in my laptop (one of them, I have two actually) this works. I've bought an atheros card and will try to whitelist it in the bios to see if it runs any better. At least I can set the wireless strength on it. Because I suspect it has something to do with the antenna being too close to some sensor in the screen? Worst case, I have to run the card with only one antenna.

This is the first generation laptop btw. The other one I have is the third gen, and it runs fine. No ghost clicks what so ever.
    Anyways, it's worth a quick try. If it doesn't help try using n-trigs driver-remover/touchscreen-firmware-resetter in Windows, then download their latest driver. After running the n-trig driver-remover, boot in to windows, the reboot in to windows again (properly, let it boot up, get in to windows and wait a short while so you're sure it has done all its doings). Then install n-trigs latest driver. Reboot in to windows. Wait for windows to start up and run properly (and calibrate the screen) - all the while without the wireless card (it might cause interference with the calibration-process). When windows is done starting up, calibrating, and is up and running properly, reboot - in to windows again. Then, after windows is running fine, touchscreen works perfectly, reboot in to linux, distro and version of your choice.
    Now it should work.

And if this is it, then we know n-trig can't do anything about it - it's hp's fault. (hardware - bad engineering)
    HP also made a bo-bo on hole underneath the heatsink-fan btw (you see a few straight-lined holes underneath where actually a much larger fan is seated). I took one of my laptops apart and made a huge hole in the cover under the laptop, put a metal-screen in front of the hole, and now the fan seems to run much rarer.
    Last edited by tannalv; March 27th, 2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: spelling error and I typed my thoughts - which weren't very clear, so I had to clearify the text

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thank you tannalv!

Solid contributions.

Beans
    Distro

Uff, ok. I will see. The notebook is now working good, so, If its not broken, don't repair it . I will try it in future (after Ubuntu 11 release, if the problems returns). Thanks.

Beans

@Tannalv

If you are looking for a bios with withelist disabled => here

EDIT: I had also a jittery cursor (in 10.4) but not in 10.10.
    Last edited by floyd0815; March 29th, 2011 at 08:18 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by floyd0815 View Post
    @Tannalv

If you are looking for a bios with withelist disabled => here
    Ah. I just made one my self. And added a nice suitable Logo ;)
    Here's how to flash the BIOS without even using Winblows:
    http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Threa...27829#pid27829

Seems like both Marvick and Natty runs fine without any ghost-clicks now.
    So I really do suspect the wireless to be the reason for those nasty clickety-clicks.
    Last edited by tannalv; March 29th, 2011 at 10:35 AM.

Beans

Okay, heads up. Natty now has a beta fglrx driver included, as noted per http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...6#post10618166

All you have to do actually is apt-get install fglrx fglrx-amdcccle fglrx-dev. It's not included in the jockey yet, unfortunately. Though, a simple apt-get is enough.

Pen is working perfectly in this distro. As is touch.

It's still in beta so expect your usual quirks and "features". Though, I like this one. :)

Page 148 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast