Page 144 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1689

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Hello Favux, Ayuthia, and all other engaged people out there,

perhaps it could help you to know the following: in post #1412 I metioned that after floating the pen the cursor jumps into the upper left corner of the screen, which should be a common behavior.
    Today I realized that when using the (attached) pen the cursor almost always starts from that upper left corner and jumps then to the point where the pen touches the screen.
    As an idea, could it be that the pen is floated when using multitouch and the reattaching does not work correctly?

Beans

Hi,

I just installed Magick Rotation 1.3 on my HP TX2 in Ubuntu 10.10 using the installer_gtk.py and after it asked me to reboot I don't know how to go on now.
    I rebooted the OS but I can't find any signs of this tool. What do I have to do now?

edit: I got it. I extracted it into the wrong folder. ^^

edit2: This disabling of the touch input is very handy. While the newest Windows drivers solved the "ghost click"-problem, in Ubuntu this problem is still present. Now I can easily disable it and no ghosts will interrupt me anymore.
    Last edited by LordDeath86; February 14th, 2011 at 06:43 PM.

Beans

hi all
    first, sorry for my bad english...

i tried the ginn application....I can run it....but it does not pass anything, if i toch the screen....

the dump of

xinput --list

shows no N-Trig MultiTouch Device...I hava an ELO 1537 Screen from elotouch.
    Is it possible, that this one is not supported?

thanks for any help,
    toldap

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi wildschweini,

Thanks for looking into a Dell table mode file for me.
    As an idea, could it be that the pen is floated when using multitouch and the reattaching does not work correctly?
    That's a thought. But then we need to figure out what could be interfering with the reattachment.

Hi LordDeath86,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

Glad you're enjoying Magick.

Sounds like the newest Windows drivers include an automatic version of Rafi's calibration program. That's calibration as in eliminating noise, not coordinates. He's looking into adding it the the kernel module hid-ntrig.ko. So linux may have that shortly too.

His calibration program is linked near the top of the HOW TO and at the Ubuntu Multitouch wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Multitouch/Calibration/Ntrig

Hi toldap,

I don't think that is a N-Trig touchscreen. Do you see Elo in the 'xinput list' output? I think Elo has their own touch screens. They do have a linux driver if Elo or evtouch is not in Synaptic Package Manager (or evtouch does not work for you): http://www.elotouch.com/Support/Downloads/dnld.asp

I don't see Elo touch mentioned on the list of supported devices on the Ubuntu Multitouch wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Multitouch/HardwareSupport
    But that might not mean much.

I think there are some threads on getting a Elo touch screen working on some netbooks?

Good luck!

Beans

hi Favux

thx for your answer.

i have the evo touch in the dump of 'xinput list'.
    and the touch is working fine as a "single-touch", just the multitouch-function don`t work.
    if i run 'gesturetest 0 0 0xffffffff' i have no output if i touch on the screen.

i have installed xserver-xorg-input-evtouch.

do you know, if the elo touch screen working on some netbooks with multitouch or just as a single-touch...?

thanks again,
    toldap

edit:
    i have right now phoned with elo...and this one 1537 isn`t multitouch compatible Sorry for it...

edit2:
    does anyone know a multitouch-screen, which i can mounting in a wall...? Or is it possible to "backfitting" the 1537...?
    Last edited by toldap; February 16th, 2011 at 11:13 AM.

Beans
    To all TX2 users!

I had some problems with the wlan card (BCM4312):
    • STA driver took long to load on boot, connection was good
    • B43 driver loaded fast, but had a slow/crappy connection

So I bought an "Intel WIFI Link 5100 mPCI" from Amazon for about €20.-
    BUT THE DEVICE WASN'T SUPPORTED BY THE BIOS! (no boot at all)

After searching around I found this thread with a modded BIOS F25 for the HP TX2:
    (use at own risk and check the HP BIOS-update filename -> must be sp46499.exe)
    http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...l=1#post349677
    (boot windows, extract the files, run Insydeflashx64.exe for 64bit Win)

It removes the WIFI whitelist so every mPCI WIFI card works!
    Now also HD streaming from my Dreambox works!
    Lovin' it!

Beans

@toldap

Do you have an external webcam?
    Does it have to be a multitouch monitor?

Have a look at this video:
    http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/01/m...r-hands-video/

Beans

hi floyd0815

thanks for the link...it looks very nice...but i need a multitouch monitor (mounted in a wall)
    and i think the cam must have a blank, maybe white background...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi LordDeath86,

Glad you're enjoying Magick.

Sounds like the newest Windows drivers include an automatic version of Rafi's calibration program. That's calibration as in eliminating noise, not coordinates. He's looking into adding it the the kernel module hid-ntrig.ko. So linux may have that shortly too.

His calibration program is linked near the top of the HOW TO and at the Ubuntu Multitouch wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Multitouch/Calibration/Ntrig
    Thank you very much! I ran the calib.sh and I hope that this solved this little problem.

Beans

The stylus is NON working on HP TouchSmart TX2-1050el with a clean installation of Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick (Linux nicktx2 2.6.35-25-generic #44-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 21 17:40:44 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux).

Both BIOS and N-Trig firmware were updated to the latest version available at HP website for Windows 7 64 bit.

The touchscreen is working fine with fingers until I use the pen stylus. When using the pen stylus the system act as if the left mouse button keeps pressed. I'm unable to unclick and I have to restart X or disable the "N-Trig MultiTouch" using the following command:

Code:
    xinput float "N-Trig MultiTouch"
    The output of xinput --list command is:

Code:
    nick@nicktx2:~$ xinput --list
    ⎡ Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
    ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                  id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ N-Trig Pen eraser                           id=11    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ N-Trig Pen stylus                           id=12    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ N-Trig MultiTouch                           id=13    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ N-Trig Touchscreen stylus                   id=14    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad                  id=16    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
        ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                 id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                                id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Video Bus                                   id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                                id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Sleep Button                                id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ HP Webcam                                   id=10    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard                id=15    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ HP WMI hotkeys                              id=17    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    My 50-wacom.conf and 10-evdev.conf files are as default ones.

For sure this is a bug, but I'm not sure if I have to report it on launchpad bugs for Ubuntu.

In any case what stated on the first post of this thread is not true: the stylus pen is NOT working on a default installation of Ubuntu Maverick on updated HP TouchSmart TX2-1050el.

As a temporary fix I've written some scripts to switch on/off the multitouch:

Automatic turn off multitouch when using the pen stylus:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    while true; do
        # check if stylus is used
        stylus="$(xinput --test 'N-Trig Pen stylus' | head -1 | grep 'motion' | egrep -o 'motion')"
        if [ "$stylus" = "motion" ]
        then
            # remove multitouch
        fi
        sleep 2s
    done
    Manually switch on/off the multitouch :

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    # check if multitouch is enabled
    multitouch="$(xinput --list | grep 'N-Trig MultiTouch' | egrep -o 'floating')"
    if [ "$multitouch" = "floating" ]
    then
        # reattach multitouch
        xinput reattach "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Virtual core pointer"
    else
        # remove multitouch
    fi
    My autorotation script for tablet mode:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    OLDMODE=$(cat /sys/devices/platform/hp-wmi/tablet)
    while true; do
        MODE=$(cat /sys/devices/platform/hp-wmi/tablet)
        if [ "$MODE" != "$OLDMODE" ]
        then
            #echo "$MODE - $OLDMODE"
            case "$MODE" in
                "0")
                    # Do something
                    echo "Normal mode"
                    xrandr -o normal
                    xsetwacom set "N-Trig Pen stylus" rotate NONE
                    xsetwacom set "N-Trig Pen eraser" rotate NONE
                    xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axes Swap" 0
                    xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 0 0
                    xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 0 9600 0 7200
                    xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axes Swap" 0
                    xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 0 0
                    xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 0 9600 0 7200
                    #cellwriter --hide-window
                    ;;
                "1")
                    # Do something else
                    echo "Tablet mode"
                    xrandr -o inverted
                    xsetwacom set "N-Trig Pen stylus" rotate HALF
                    xsetwacom set "N-Trig Pen eraser" rotate HALF
                    xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 1 1
                    xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 1 1
                    #cellwriter --show-window
                    ;;
            esac
            OLDMODE=$MODE
        fi
        sleep 2s
    done
    My rotation script that can be associated with the middle button on the right side of the monitor:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

# Find the line in "xrandr -q --verbose" output that contains current screen orientation and "strip" out current orientation.

rotation="$(xrandr -q --verbose | grep 'connected' | egrep -o  '\) (normal|left|inverted|right) \(' | egrep -o '(normal|left|inverted|right)')"

# Using current screen orientation proceed to rotate screen and input tools.

case "$rotation" in
        normal)
            #    -rotate to the left
            xrandr -o left
            xsetwacom set "N-Trig Pen stylus" rotate CCW
            xsetwacom set "N-Trig Pen eraser" rotate CCW
            xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axes Swap" 1
            xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 1 0
            xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 0 7200 0 9600
            xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axes Swap" 1
            xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 1 0
            xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 0 7200 0 9600
        ;;
        left)
            #    -rotate to inverted
            xrandr -o inverted
            xsetwacom set "N-Trig Pen stylus" rotate HALF
            xsetwacom set "N-Trig Pen eraser" rotate HALF
            xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 1 1
            xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 1 1
        ;;
        inverted)
            #    -rotate to the right
            xrandr -o right
            xsetwacom set "N-Trig Pen stylus" rotate CW
            xsetwacom set "N-Trig Pen eraser" rotate CW
            xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axes Swap" 1
            xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 0 1
            xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 0 7200 0 9600
            xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axes Swap" 1
            xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 0 1
            xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 0 7200 0 9600
        ;;
        right)
            #    -rotate to normal
            xrandr -o normal
            xsetwacom set "N-Trig Pen stylus" rotate NONE
            xsetwacom set "N-Trig Pen eraser" rotate NONE
            xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 0 0
            xinput set-prop "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 0 0
        ;;
    esac

Page 144 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast