Thread: ubuntu 9.04 does not recognize my e220 !!

Beans

Exclamation ubuntu 9.04 does not recognize my e220 !!

Peace,

I can't even see the icon on the desktop at all, not even by searching for it !!

okay, I am a Ubuntu fan, and I work on vista, but I want to stop that crap and start being
    a Ubuntu user

I can't switch from Ubuntu to vista every time, and vice versa, that's why I can't
    detail what happens to me under Ubuntu and how I am trying hard for months to get my huawei to work

okay, I downloaded Ubuntu 9 and it woks great on my hp 530
    okay I posted a thread before about how to get it to work, but the terminal commands
    did not work at all you can check my previous thread, and how the good guys helped me

then I met someone who told me about the ndiswrapper thing, I believe it worked greatly
    because after I went to Main menu >System >Administration >Synaptic Package Manager and installed the three ndiswrapper files (one of them called common, 1.9 and
    a graphical one I believe)

the
    System | Administration | Windows wireless drivers appears !!

okay, then when I search for the device in this windows wireless drivers I can't see the driver at all !!

of course the driver did not appear since before I install the ndiswrapper, but I thought
    that's normal

I followed this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=843973
    but no one of the commands work !!

if you want me to post a video on how I worked it's okay, I try to describe everything I can

this is my previous question http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=885847&page=53

but no one worked !!

yea, under ubuntu 7 I can see the e220 on the desktop though it does not work
    and under ubuntu 7 I can't even install the ndiswrapper !!

the wvdial cannot be installed neither under Ubuntu 9 nor 7 it says something like error downloading though I folloewd the same steps to install ndiswrapper !!

sorry I can't detail things more because I only work under Vista to contact you

Regards

EDIT: I have an external hard disk drive and I can see it on the desktop

Beans

Re: ubuntu 9.04 does not recognize my e220 !!

Oh, people !! my E220 has connected finally to the internet accedentally !!
    Can you believe this I am using Ubuntu now !!

Oh My God, I am afraid that I install this Ubuntu on my Laptop then it does not connect
    again !!

I know that I can install them side by side, but my Vista has problem with the registers
    when I install it on my Vista, it stops exactly after extracting the files from the CD on 100%
    and when I go to the control panel I see the installation is only 699mb I think it must be
    15Gb if I am mistaken Correct me please

hey people I know I should not swear and I even did not use to swear at all but I can't believe what just happened I only followed the guide appears once I run Ubuntu to define my huawei E220, and it always showed me that unable to connect but now it connected suddenly !!

Can someone explain me why ?

thank you so much
    Last edited by Moh'd32; August 26th, 2009 at 06:02 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hi Moh'd32

this has been the case for me in Fedora 10. It was displaying "Not Connected". But once I plugged it suddenly displayed "Connected". You know!, I'm posting this reply from Fedora. But still I couldn't properly connect through Ubuntu 8.10. Anyway I'm going to try out Ubuntu 9.04. I was thinking not to upgrade to 9.04, because 9.10 is scheduled to release on October 2009 as the version implies, so that I can straight away shift to it. But I will be getting 9.04 in a couple days from my friend. (Doesn't need to download). Wouldn't hurt to try it.
    Coming to your question, I'm also wondering about this. Yes, I also need to know about this.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeCoolSha View Post
    Hi Moh'd32

this has been the case for me in Fedora 10. It was displaying "Not Connected". But once I plugged it suddenly displayed "Connected". You know!, I'm posting this reply from Fedora. But still I couldn't properly connect through Ubuntu 8.10. Anyway I'm going to try out Ubuntu 9.04. I was thinking not to upgrade to 9.04, because 9.10 is scheduled to release on October 2009 as the version implies, so that I can straight away shift to it. But I will be getting 9.04 in a couple days from my friend. (Doesn't need to download). Wouldn't hurt to try it.
    Coming to your question, I'm also wondering about this. Yes, I also need to know about this.

Yea this is really strange !! now I am on Vista again !! I can't connect anymore :/