Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac look or plain old ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Mac look or plain old ubuntu?

So I was browsing gnome-look.org, just seeing what they have. I came across that the most downloaded themes were usually the mac os themes, but personally I don't like the look of the mac interface, and I actually like the look of the original ubuntu. So how many of you like mac themes over ubuntu's and vice versa.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Mac look or plain old ubuntu?

well i like the ubuntu look but i like the shiki wise theme mac os look is eww
    thats just my opinion though

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I tried it. For some odd reason, it lagged my Linux Box. Not sure why though. Anyways, I like the look of ubuntu. It's beautiful.
    .i coi rodo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ubuntu is ugly and a member of the rebel alliance... Take it away!
    Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position - Mahatma Gandhi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by dragos240 View Post
    I tried it. For some odd reason, it lagged my Linux Box. Not sure why though. Anyways, I like the look of ubuntu. It's beautiful.
    +1 and my grandpa likes it too because windows 7 was too flashey and it hurt his eyes
    i laughed i guess bright blue isnt good for seniors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I personally don't like themes of other OSs, if I've chosen to use Ubuntu, I don't want it to look like other OS. But everybody has an opinion about it.

I use my own theme, neither Ubuntu's standard nor any other OS's.

I've changed my theme today (it's attached), a few hours ago, this time it's kind of Mac'ish look, tho.

One of the great things about Ubuntu (and Linux, in general) is that you can customize it to whatever you want, just take a look at the screenshots thread, no other OS can have such a variety of looks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ubuntu User #27453 | Linux User #490358
    "Don't preach Linux, mention it"
    "Linux is not Windows"
    73% of statistics in forums are made up on the spot

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by philcamlin View Post
    well i like the ubuntu look but i like the shiki wise theme mac os look is eww
    thats just my opinion though
    Everyones entitled to one :]

Beans

A lot of people like the OSX interface because its elements and widgets are very well-designed. Look at the scrollbar to start with, it looks like a piece of blue glass!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Marlonsm View Post
    I personally don't like themes of other OSs, if I've chosen to use Ubuntu, I don't want it to look like other OS. But everybody has an opinion about it.

I use my own theme, neither Ubuntu's standard nor any other OS's.

I've changed my theme today (it's attached), a few hours ago, this time it's kind of Mac'ish look, tho.

One of the great things about Ubuntu (and Linux, in general) is that you can customize it to whatever you want, just take a look at the screenshots thread, no other OS can have such a variety of looks.
    It does look sort of mac'ish, but hey at least you're using what you've made for yourself.

Beans

The theme, as in colors and buttons/icons, or the functionality? I like the mac functionality- dock, global menu, scale (expose, pronounce expozay), etc..

My theme is just normal gnome themes I've downloaded. I particularly don't like the mac window close/minimize/maximize buttons.

BM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast