Re: HPLIP 3.9.8 "Communication Error 5012
1. I set my HP-8500 from its panel using the Wifi tools. I named an IP
Originally Posted by carchaias
address of my choice rather than rely on DHCP.
2. In HPLIP, I said "network connection" (no wifi) -- after all, if wifi is really working, it is just another IP address on the LAN.
3. HPLIP found the printer all was well.
4. Upgrade to Mint-12, now I get "Comm Error 5012".
5. Moved printer (unrelated to this issue) and connect by wire
6. Configured wire net at the printer panel using the same fixed IP
as I used before under wifi.
7. Still get the "Error 5012"
** Somewhere between Ubuntu 10.04 and 11.10 (Mint-12) something changed in HPLIP-land because I didn't use to have any troubles
** I have yet to try to re-install naming the printer IP address
** Neither 10.04 nor 11.04 (Mint-11) have or had any troubles.
~~~ 8d;-/ Dan
"All government spending, regardless of the motives, uses YOUR money."