Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iSky installs iTunes, Internet Explorer and Skype - and they run perfectly

Beans

Re: iSky installs iTunes, Internet Explorer and Skype - and they run perfectly

Okay thanks, I edited the post; if there's any way to edit the thread title in a similar way, that would be useful....and yes, users might get unrealistic expectations, I can see that....it's just an issue that many users would be very resistant even to using an alternative ipod/media library programme on windows. So to have a host of complete unknowns on Linux is in practice too confusing....

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Random Squires View Post
    ..Currently the download page informs people that the script is for Ubuntu / Kubuntu Jaunty 9.04.... (snippety snip the rest)
    I'm referring to whether or not your script detects what the the host system is running (32 or 64 bit).

Beans

Ah, my mistake umm, no it will not detect it automatically, so yes I suppose for 64-bit users the current script would install the 'wrong' package, although this would be easy to correct, just a matter of changing a url......my understanding of 64-bit computing is almost non-existent, can they not run 32-bit programmes as well?

Beans

I just added 64-bit versions, should work.

Beans

...can they not run 32-bit programmes as well?
    Yes, 32 bit programmes will most likely run well enough.

I am really saying that someone running a 64 bit operating system would most likely want 64 bit applications, where possible.

Or at the least, be clear on what they are installing.

Beans

Ah okay then, yeah you're right, if I ran 64-bit I'd first) want to understand what it was
    and second) know what I'm installing,
    So yeah it was just a case of altering it to fetch the 64-bit version from the website, which I've done, so now anyone wanting a 64-bit version can just go to https://sourceforge.net/projects/isky/, click "show all files, go to "64-bit" and download from there.

Beans

How does this work with IE? I have to watch videos online through school and the only way to double speed it is through IE. What version of IE does it install? Is it compatible as a windows with all the sites?

Beans

I need baby steps to install...

Beans

if there's any way to edit the thread title in a similar way, that would be useful..
    You can edit the topic title if you use use the advanced editing options.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Question Re: iSky installs iTunes, Internet Explorer and Skype - and they run perfectly

since apple is now unix based wouldn't an apple version of the program be easily ported????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast