Thread: Hi there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Hi there.

Hi there guys,

Its really nice to be here. A very good friend of mine (bored2k) referred me here Currently using only Windows XP Pro coz of work appz but I've used Xandros in the past and the experience was AWESOME Now I have plenty of time in my hand and am thinking of installing Linux again, prolly Ubuntu

I'll post here if I run into any trouble, and I hope that you guys will help me out

Thanx in advance for everything. See ya around guys

Edit: By the way, here's my first linux destop What do you guys think

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Hi there.

Nothing against your desktop but I don't understand why anyone dresses up their desktop. Seriously, when I am sitting at my computer I am working in an app and can't see the desktop. Why would I care what it looks like? Now, don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be rude or nasty. I am just curious, maybe there is something I am missing. Well?
    I like mac?

Beans

galgoz It individualises your space. Puts your mark on it .

Rav welcome aboard
    This account is not active.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Rav.
    Edit: By the way, here's my first linux destop What do you guys think

Hello. Nice desktop. What icon set are you using? I like it.
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by galgoz
    Nothing against your desktop but I don't understand why anyone dresses up their desktop. Seriously, when I am sitting at my computer I am working in an app and can't see the desktop. Why would I care what it looks like? Now, don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be rude or nasty. I am just curious, maybe there is something I am missing. Well?
    You are missing out. You see your desktop everytime you log in. Its nice to see something that is appealing to you.

Plus if you use gdesklets then you have to look at you desktop a lot. Also virtual desktop use will show you your desktop. Finally some (like me) use the desktop as a temp space so then you are looking at it to get files. All of these reasons are why wallpaper rules.

Rock on.
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Put a picture of Sonic or Tails on your background. SEE
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Quote Originally Posted by poofyhairguy
    Hello. Nice desktop. What icon set are you using? I like it.
    I am so sorry. Its been a very very very long time I played around with Xandros and really don't remember the name of that icon set. I don't have Xandros with me anymore. Formated the partition to gain space I'll ask my good friend bored2k and see if he remembers it and will surely let you know. He helped me a lot (more than 95%) guiding me how to install stuff coz I was a linux noob and didn't know a thing