Thread: Fable on Playonlinux

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Question Fable on Playonlinux

Ok so I installed Fable on my Ubuntu Studios 9.04 using this Playonlinux thing I heard about, but every time I launch the game it just goes to a black screen. I left it sitting for half an hour and it was still just a black screen. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix that?

I would have just used wine but it wasn't installing when I tried with wine.
    Last edited by Desktop_n00b; August 22nd, 2009 at 04:55 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Fable on Playonlinux

What version of wine are you running? More recent versions of wine give better results in running games.

Also, the Ubuntuforums has a community of wine users who have got very good at running games. They're under Other Community Discussions > Wine. You can get there from the main page. They're the real experts and might be able to help you if no one in the Beginner forum knows what to do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If Play On Linux installed its own version of Wine, then try going to the PoL preferences and choosing that version, rather than the default ("System").
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I have the latest version of wine, and I couldn't find anywhere to make POL run off its own wine so it must not have installed its own, cause I found a drop box that had system in it but thats all it had listed

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

is there ways to have multiple versions of wine on POL? if so can you instruct me how? I don't really know much about it