Thread: GRAPHICS CARD 800x600 max -INTEL GMA 3100

Beans

Question GRAPHICS CARD 800x600 max -INTEL GMA 3100

Been digging on the internet for a "fast" ? way to get my Onboard Graphics card going . Its an Intel GMA 3100. I have heard that it will work ok ,but so far everywhere I have looked , I can't seem to find the right information to put in the xorg.conf file .. And it seems there are a few xorg.conf files that could be modified , one in etc/X11 has been pointed out to me as the one that needs to have the driver info modified. Can anyone help me find the right info?
    Stuck as always
    LineAxe

Beans

Re: GRAPHICS CARD 800x600 max -INTEL GMA 3100

Are you using the intel driver?
    Is this a desktop or laptop?
    What's the resolution of your monitor?
    If it's a laptop, what make and model?

Mike

Beans

Exclamation Re: GRAPHICS CARD 800x600 max -INTEL GMA 3100

My computer is a desktop with an Asus motherboard in it .
    I have looked at the xorg.conf file and found it was running vesa, so I tried a tutorial that switched it to intel with a few other lines of code that set up various screen resolutions. When I tried this the video crashed ( and that is when I found out how to reboot to a terminal screen in ubuntu ) so I reset it , read up some more on my drivers. Still couldn't find anything that would give me the correct settings for it . I know it is supported , I have seen the various intel files are already in their directories.
    My monitor is actually a SONY TV/Monitor its a SONY BRAVIA KDL 32S5100
    the info I got so far says the max resolution is 1920 x 1080 .

It should be able to support 1024x768 and 1280x1024 I would imagine.
    I will look to see if I can find a linux Monitor spec for it now , I was just going to try stuff like STANDARD Monitor (generic) and see if it would support the resolution the card puts out. I think my problem is in the card not going into the other resolution modes. So I am still digging away on the net . I will post any ubuntu Monitor settings if I can locate them.
    Last edited by LineAxe; August 21st, 2009 at 04:42 PM.

Beans

Red face Re: GRAPHICS CARD 800x600 max -INTEL GMA 3100

Help !
    oh help /!

Heeeelll - cough cough -ppppppp!!!!!

Beans

Re: GRAPHICS CARD 800x600 max -INTEL GMA 3100

Try to use the intel video driver and then copy the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file to your home directory. Now you can boot into X with vesa and post the contents of that file here (between [ CODE ][ /CODE ] blocks, of course).