Hi all, I hope you are well. I am very new to Ubuntu and I am experiencing occasional screen flickers (the monitor will go black for a split second, then resume as normal). Now, I have tried googling for a solution but I have not found one yet that satisfies the issue. As you can imagine, its rather headache inducing. My system is a Toshiba satellite pro p100 pspae. I have an nVidia Geforce go 7600 and I have installed the Nvidia server setting utility and have driver 180.44. My distro is Ubuntu 9.04 (jaunty) GNOME 2.26.1.
Things I have tried to do to rectify the flicker include : DISABLING "Force full GPU scaling". I also tried specifying a refresh rate of 60mhz resolution = 1440*900. Although everytime I apply this, the X utility reverts my preference here back to AUTO (only with the refresh rate and resolution: it remembers the disabled "Force full GPU scaling". Sorry about the long post, I am just trying to provide as much information as possible. Thanks for your time and I hope we can sort this together as it is giving my eyes some trouble!!