Thread: Virtual World for Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Virtual World for Linux

What's up everyone? I don't know how familiar any of you are with a virtual world called vSide but they are currently working on a Linux client. vSide is a 3D virtual world in which users can listen to music, party, go clubbing, dress your avatar in the latest fashions, and much more. They currently have a Windows and Mac version and are working on a Linux client. It's a decent place to go if you're bored and looking for something to do or just feel like kicking back and relaxing to your favorite style of music. Here's a link if anyone would like to check it out.
    vSide
    I'm sure any help from the Linux community (or at least ubuntu) would be greatly appreciated by the vSide developer team. Not sure how close the Linux client is to testing but I'll keep anyone who's interested updated on what's going on

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Virtual World for Linux

so basically its a rip off of second life, which, already has a *nix client?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by HHx66 View Post
    so basically its a rip off of second life, which, already has a *nix client?
    No... this is completely different..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Lightbulb Re: Virtual World for Linux

Quote Originally Posted by JaxM View Post
    No... this is completely different..
    The download page doesn't have a LINUX client available for download. so it looks like YOU'RE just spamming the forums trying to get people to sign up for your crap.

If it IS available, the please make sure it's actually listed on the download page, and be sure that the client is OPEN SOURCE if you expect the linux community to take you serious.

- zipperback

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by zipperback View Post
    The download page doesn't have a LINUX client available for download. so it looks like YOU'RE just spamming the forums trying to get people to sign up for your crap.

If it IS available, the please make sure it's actually listed on the download page, and be sure that the client is OPEN SOURCE if you expect the linux community to take you serious.

- zipperback
    I never said the client was released -.- jeeze... I said WORKING on.. not released... The freaking thing's not even test ready from what I hear -.- oi no need to bite my head off x.x

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by zipperback View Post
    and be sure that the client is OPEN SOURCE if you expect the linux community to take you serious.
    I'm sorry, but thats where you're wrong. He should be sure that it is open source if he expects the open source community to take him seriously. However, Ubuntu isn't dedicated to the open source community.

Linux community ≠ Open source community - the huge requests for Adobe software ported to Linux demonstrate that. I know this post is old, but I wanted to reply.