Thread: Netbook Won't Connect To The Internet

Beans

Netbook Won't Connect To The Internet

So, I got an HP Mini with Windows XP and I installed Ubuntu Netbook Remix on it. When I installed it, everything was fine and working as it should, but I had chosen the wrong type of instalation (I wanted to install Linux without Windows on the computer to save space, the installation had duel-booted). No matter, I reinstalled Ubuntu on it and everything was fine, except... It wouldn't connect to the internet. It doesn't sense that my wireless connection is there (And I'm sure it's working because it works fine on my other laptop). Next, I tried manually configuring it to connect to my router, but no dice. Then, I plugged it into my wired connection to see if there was a driver conflict, but it wouldn't connect to the internet that way, either.

I think it's something to do with the settings on Ubuntu but I can't find a setting that applies anywhere.

Beans

Re: Netbook Won't Connect To The Internet

It sounds like an issue with system resources to me. Like the network hardware is not even active.

You should at least be able to manually configure some type of connection.
    ipMonitor & Kiwi Syslog Server 9 - Online Representative operating on behalf of SolarWinds, LLC

Beans

Re: Netbook Won't Connect To The Internet

That's what I thought it was, but I have no idea of how to get the laptop to recognize the wireless signal.