Thread: Major problem with my wireless card... MAJOR

Beans

Exclamation Major problem with my wireless card... MAJOR

I tried both Ubuntu and Xubuntu same problem on both... Basically when I install Ubuntu (or Xubuntu) my wireless card works in Linux, but when I go back to windows it cant connect to anything anymore, it sees my router but cant connect to it. So basically Linux like makes it not work for Windows somehow. Usually deleting Linux portion and reinstalling the wireless driver fixes it, I tried reinstalling the driver with Linux on dual-boot and it didnt work. So I'm not sure whats going on I dont have Linux installed right now because of that problem I'm just asking for ideas on this.... I have the famous Realtek RTL8187B card that had issues with Linux ever since it was made. If anyone has ANY ideas PLEASE HELP.

-I really want to use Ubuntu, but I need Windows too... I have not seen anything like this before... This card did not work in the previous versions of Ubuntu at all it just started working in the latest version but than this problem began. Could it be a problem related to GRUB?
    Last edited by vmanisme; August 19th, 2009 at 06:31 PM. Reason: more info

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Major problem with my wireless card... MAJOR

Could you post the output of
    Code:
    lspci
    in a terminal?
    If I'm not being clear enough or giving you enough information, just ask

"But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up."

Smooth scrolling for GTK!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Try this distro (ubuntu based including all extras) and your card will work just fine (i use the same one !!!) .

Download from here

More information about the distro here

Also can be installed with wubi inside windows

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lars View Post
    Could you post the output of
    Code:
    lspci
    in a terminal?
    Like I said I dont have Ubuntu installed, but I'll try what the other guy gave me and If it still has a problem I'll get in touch with you, thanks.

-What the other guy gave me is useless so I give up... I'm not going back to Ubuntu just to generate that one code... Its going to take me about 4-5 hours to fix my wireless again. Sorry Linux fans I give up on Linux I tried 7 times I guess it hates me... Windows 7 it is.
    Last edited by vmanisme; August 20th, 2009 at 05:56 AM. Reason: more info

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by paok4 View Post
    Try this distro (ubuntu based including all extras) and your card will work just fine (i use the same one !!!) .

Download from here

More information about the distro here

Also can be installed with wubi inside windows
    Its based on 8.10 which did not want to work with my card at all so I wont even try it. Outdated, greek, and 90% chance it wont work.

Beans

So nobody knows what this is? Ive seen like 3 people with exact question and wireless card and it wasn't answered either?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

the famous Realtek RTL8187B card works out of the box in monomaxos !!! And there is the English version if you are interested in it !!!!