Thread: Why doesn't Adobe Flash Player work for Opera 9.6?

Beans

Why doesn't Adobe Flash Player work for Opera 9.6?

It works fine for Firefox, but when I try to watch a video say on youtube or hulu, I get nothing. I just use Opera for my backup broswer incase Firefox starts acting up. I went here > http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP just to make sure that I had it installed and my GDebi package installer said that it was. So is there a command that I can run from the terminal to install Flash Player for Opera?
    Thanks for your help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Why doesn't Adobe Flash Player work for Opera 9.6?

You need to download the .tar.gz flash file from here. Right click and "extract here". As root, you will now put the libflashplayer.so file into /usr/lib/opera/plugins.

I'll assume you have the libflashplayer.so file on your desktop. Do:
    Code:
    sudo cp /home/your_user_name/Desktop/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/opera/plugins
    Make sure the D in Desktop is capitalized. And change your_user_name to the name you login with.

Restart opera if open.
    Last edited by HappyFeet; August 17th, 2009 at 07:28 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by HappyFeet View Post
    You need to download the .tar.gz flash file from here. Right click and "extract here". As root, you will now put the libflashplayer.so file into /usr/lib/opera/plugins.

I'll assume you have the libflashplayer.so file on your desktop. Do:
    Code:
    sudo cp /home/your_user_name/Desktop/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/opera/plugins
    Make sure the D in Desktop is capitalized. And change your_user_name to the name you login with.

Restart opera if open.
    Ok i downloaded the file, extracted it, I kept everything on my desktop just to make it simple, the file shows in usr/lib/opera/plugins but i still have no flash. I have restarted Opera a couple of times, but still nothing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I'll bump this for you in the hopes someone else knows a different way to do it. I don't know what else to say, as it always works for me.