Thread: Making a website.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Cool Making a website.

I've made HTML pages professionally, and I know this sounds weird, but I don't know exactly how to get those pages online and accessible to everyone. Anyone know how or what I have to do? Where to go? how to host? all that stuff. anything is helpful.
    If you are not free to choose wrongly and irresponsibly, you are not free at all. – Jacob Hornberger (1995)
    Ignorance is dependency, and dependency almost always results in imminent death.

credobyte is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro

Beans
    Distro

Re: Making a website.

Well, wait, im not that stupid. What I meant was where can I get a domain name and get my site hosted?
    If you are not free to choose wrongly and irresponsibly, you are not free at all. – Jacob Hornberger (1995)
    Ignorance is dependency, and dependency almost always results in imminent death.

Beans
    Distro

wait, nvm. I got confused about some specific things, and I should close this thread. I knew what i needed to know already, and a friend of mine had me thinking of something else.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

That's all covered on the link posted, although they don't actually link to any web hosting providers.

There are thousands of web hosts out there, and most will also organise a domain name for you. Depending on where you are and where most people will be accessing your website from, you might want to choose a web host who has servers local to you.

credobyte is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenianLeader4 View Post
    Well, wait, im not that stupid. What I meant was where can I get a domain name and get my site hosted?
    http://www.hostgator.com ( you can order hosting + domain, so .. both questions answered ).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I would recommend fivebean.