Thread: IBM Thinkpad A31 help...

Question IBM Thinkpad A31 help...

Ok this is my 1st laptop and it was only 50 bucks, i thinks its like 5-6 years old though lol but it wont allow me to download anything i always get errors. Im able to get online through firefox and its relatively fast, i somehow downloaded flash when nothing else work so i can wacth vids on the web. Is there anyway i can download windows cuz ive seen videos and post which users say they are but i cant seem to find instructions on how to do it.

btw this is a great community almost every post has had quick answers hopefully mine can to, thanks.

Kubuntu Development Release

Re: IBM Thinkpad A31 help...

You have to purchase windows. Downloading windows would be pirating which is not supported here. As such I am closing this thread now.

If you would like assistance with Ubuntu we would be happy to assist you. Please start a new thread and include additional information (network card ? wireless ? hardware ? a better description of the problem ?)

Honestly, I am surprised you are having problems, unless it is wireless, which can be a hassle on any OS. wired network cards generally work out of the box.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface