Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MUDs on Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

MUDs on Linux?

I don't know exactly where to put this topic, but is there a way to play any MUD's on linux? IF so, how and would anyone know any links?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: MUDs on Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronchap View Post
    I don't know exactly where to put this topic, but is there a way to play any MUD's on linux? IF so, how and would anyone know any links?
    there are several MUD clients in the repositories. Run the Synaptic Package Manager and search for MUD.

Bill
    Ubuntu 10.04-Server: HP Pavilion: AMD Athlon 3200; 2gb RAM; GeForce4 MX - nForce; 160gb HDD; 1TB eSATA External HDD | Ubuntu 10.04: Dell D600; Intel Pentium M 1600 MHz; 2gb RAM; ATI Radeon 9000 (RV250); 60gb HD | Ubuntu User #24614

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I've mudded a lot on Linux. I tried out a few of the clients and settled on kmuddy which I used for http://www.newworlds-rpg.com. It worked really well with the exception of using aliases with variables, which just didn't seem to work.

mystmaiden

Beans
    Distro

Awesome! Thank you both!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by mystmaiden View Post
    I've mudded a lot on Linux. I tried out a few of the clients and settled on kmuddy which I used for http://www.newworlds-rpg.com. It worked really well with the exception of using aliases with variables, which just didn't seem to work.

mystmaiden
    Hmm, that seems to be a quite severe limitation. I remember using zmud when I was on Windows, which was very powerful in terms of scripting. I wouldn't start mudding without finding a client as powerful.

Beans
    Distro

I'm an ex zmud user myself, actually. I would imagine any command line client would do just about any thing you wanted, tiny fugue maybe? Not having an alias that would allow for a variable was not a big deal, triggers worked with variables which is more of an issue for most I'd guess.

myst

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

So I guess the capabilities is more along the line of gmud rather than zmud? One thing I loved about zmud was how easy it was to setup graphical bars for various stats.

Beans
    Distro

I know some folks who did that with kmuddy. The variable/alias problem was a small glitch and to be fair there may be a work around for it but I never found it, just a bug report about it.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mystmaiden View Post

mystmaiden
    Ive been currently playing New Worlds, just got to level 9. But I never had to download anything for it, I just clicked the "Play Now" button and another window pops up and I play through there. If i close firefox though then it disconnects me from NW.

Beans
    Distro

I never tried playing from the browser, I got used to having my own client I guess.

myst

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast