Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 378

Thread: Asus T91 linux installation

  1. #171
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Beans
    296
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

    Re: Asus T91 linux installation

    Hi All,

    I've been working in Xournal for almost 2hrs without a crash/freeze! That's unheard of for me!

    Things seem pretty stable - but time will tell. I'm even penning this all in using Cell Writer

    I'm also using EasyStroke a lot - for click actions + special key (tab, esc ...).

    I'v attached a tar of soure & the 'support' files I'm currently using. The source is credited to SamT91MT over at the ASUS forum. All binaries are there from my last compile - I didn't do a "make clean" on purpose, but you may need to recompile yourself. See the README.T91MT file in the source folder.

    EDIT: Use "tar xvzf ..." to extract - had to rename it to be able to upload it

    EDIT2: You'll find a fdi file in the archive - I have it in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty at the moment, but I'm not convinced it's needed. I still need definitions in xorg.conf to get things to work.

    EDIT3: Ok, just noticed that I have all the touchscreen stuff commented in my xorg.conf file, so I guess the fdi file is working now! Sweet - but still no longtouch stuff.

    EDIT4: Hey all, Psiegel reports that
    ...two different versions of the xorg.conf file. One lives in the root of the tar, the other is in the xf86-input-evtouch-0.8.8-T91MT directory. It's the one in the xf86-input-evtouch-0.8.8-T91MT directory that was necessary to make it work, and I had copied the other.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kgingeri; February 17th, 2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: updates

  2. #172
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Beans
    296
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

    Re: Asus T91 linux installation

    No crashes or freezes yet - I do have DRI disable in xorg.conf.
    Video and all still seems fine too!

    EDIT: I have commented DRI lines in my xorg.conf and am testing more - all very stable so far, and I am using the touchscreen constantly
    Last edited by kgingeri; January 1st, 2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: update

  3. #173
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Beans
    1

    Re: Asus T91 linux installation

    Great! kudos kgingeri

    I haven't had any problems with the newest version either. It seems to be rock solid now.


  4. #174
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Beans
    18

    Re: Asus T91 linux installation

    Quote Originally Posted by harbus View Post
    Great! kudos kgingeri

    I haven't had any problems with the newest version either. It seems to be rock solid now.

    Is this just for the T91MT or has anyone tried it with the regular T91?

  5. #175
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Beans
    296
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

    Re: Asus T91 linux installation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanius View Post
    Is this just for the T91MT or has anyone tried it with the regular T91?
    Hi Jonathanius,

    If I understand right, the MT is fairly new and most of this thread is for the T91. There is a difference in the touchscreens used in either models so I have no idea if it is solid in the T91 vs T91MT.

  6. #176
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Asus T91 linux installation

    I *finally* got ndiswrapper working properly on my T91. To do this, I followed the comprehensive ndiswrapper troubleshooter available here (it's from the ubuntu forums because I am running eeebuntu on my t91). Somewhere along the way I discovered that the ndiswrapper packages created for various debian-based distros have been buggy for a while (see this thread for the note). So I had to
    1. remove the driver that ndiswrapper had made for me with ndiswrapper -r <my driver name>
    2. completely remove ndiswrapper (using the --purge attribute)
    3. download the ndiswrapper source & compile it
    4. build a new ndiswrapper driver & use modprobe to load it again etc. etc.
    5. reboot, pray, fingers crossed (maybe not all essential but didn't hurt either)

    And then voila! All of a sudden my wireless is working like never before. The ndiswrapper driver is GREAT; nice strong & fast connection. Just like it should be.

    THanks all.

  7. #177
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    6

    Re: Asus T91 linux installation

    Hi All,

    Just installed CrunchBang but I can't seem to get the internet (wired) to work. Very confused. Not used to the Ubuntu way (Arch-ie here myself) but I thought it was supposed to work out of the box. I didn't have my LAN on WHILE I was installing (is that the problem?) To clarify: Within BIOS, the option for the onboard LAN was set to disabled when I installed CrunchBang.

    Time to reinstall or is there a way around? Thanks!

  8. #178
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

    Re: Asus T91 linux installation

    @kgingeri: just awesome, the touchscreen would freeze after a couple of minutes using the original configs of SAMT91MT. It hasn't frozen for 10 hours. Thank you

    touchpad:
    I cannot get the touchpad to work. No two finger scrolling, no two finger or three finger emulation of 2nd and 3rd mouse buttons.

    "synclient -h" returns "Can't access shared memory area. SHMConfig disabled?" but I've enabled SHMConfig.
    Last edited by yigal.weinstein; January 8th, 2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: kgingeri great job!

  9. #179
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    6

    Re: Asus T91 linux installation

    *Deleted*
    Last edited by virati; January 8th, 2010 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Deleted

  10. #180
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    6

    Re: Asus T91 linux installation

    Quote Originally Posted by kgingeri View Post
    Hi All,

    I've been working in Xournal for almost 2hrs without a crash/freeze! That's unheard of for me!

    Things seem pretty stable - but time will tell. I'm even penning this all in using Cell Writer

    I'm also using EasyStroke a lot - for click actions + special key (tab, esc ...).

    I'v attached a tar of soure & the 'support' files I'm currently using. The source is credited to SamT91MT over at the ASUS forum. All binaries are there from my last compile - I didn't do a "make clean" on purpose, but you may need to recompile yourself. See the README.T91MT file in the source folder.

    EDIT: Use "tar xvzf ..." to extract - had to rename it to be able to upload it

    EDIT2: You'll find a fdi file in the archive - I have it in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty at the moment, but I'm not convinced it's needed. I still need definitions in xorg.conf to get things to work.

    EDIT3: Ok, just noticed that I have all the touchscreen stuff commented in my xorg.conf file, so I guess the fdi file is working now! Sweet - but still no longtouch stuff.
    Bah, I'm REALLY sucking at reading today apparently.
    --
    Thanks for the hard work guys, just got my t91MT yesterday and now it's set up almost perfect. Got the touch screen working, video driver working, wireless working, etc. The only thing I'm working on at the moment is the rotate button and fixing suspend up right, we'll see how that goes.
    Last edited by virati; January 8th, 2010 at 05:22 AM.

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •