Thread: Compiz breaks graphics apps

Beans

Angry Compiz breaks graphics apps

Running Compiz corrupts the graphic output of a bunch of the programs I use. The corrupted programs all seem to be using 3D graphics, or drawing some other kind of non-GUI data into their window. Is this a known problem, and if so, is there a work-around? I really like Compiz, but I can't deal with the problems its use seems to cause.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Compiz breaks graphics apps

thats kinda the thing about compiz; it just hogs your RAM and CPU, always. You can go to appearance in your prefrences, and you can set your effects to none when you are running a program that uses alot of RAM, or you can just replace your graphics card.
    If you are not free to choose wrongly and irresponsibly, you are not free at all. – Jacob Hornberger (1995)
    Ignorance is dependency, and dependency almost always results in imminent death.

Beans

no, the cpu and ram are fine. The graphics output just flickers. I'm running at about 30% on both CPUs.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicCheese View Post
    no, the cpu and ram are fine. The graphics output just flickers. I'm running at about 30% on both CPUs.
    This is a issue as I understand it with the nvidia drivers, you may look at the fusion-icon for quick change.

Beans

Thanks. Is there some kind of work-around to the problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicCheese View Post
    Thanks. Is there some kind of work-around to the problem?
    You may try a different nvidia driver. I am using 185.19 that works pretty well with my nvidia 8200M G