Thread: America's Army 25Assist Trouble...

Beans

Exclamation America's Army 25Assist Trouble...

When I play America's Army via the unofficial 25Assist, after 1minute max of game play the game will freeze and the only way to get out of it is to do a hard reboot of my pc...any help or ideas would be appreciated as I really love this game...

Beans

Re: America's Army 25Assist Trouble...

Hey Zach,

Apart from the fact that 25Assist is currently off line....

I play AA2.5 as well, using 25Assist, on Jaunty (did so under Hardy and Intrepid as well). Actually, with me it runs without a hitch, although on -very rare- occasions I loose connection to the/a server and my AA crashes.

To check whether it is really 25Assist that is causing the problems, could you please do the following:

In 25Assist, under the tab "Settings" please check the "Quit after launch" (lower right hand corner). Just to make sure; after that exit 25Assist and relaunch it (this currently will take a while as 25Assist initially will check its own MBS-database, which is off line, before reverting to GameSpy as the server-list-provider).

Just hang in there until 25Assist finally decides to use GameSpy, go to the "Deploy"-tab and join a server. 25Assist should now launch AA and 25Assist should terminate.

See if you can play AA and let me know if you encounter any problems.

As 2.5 is an old version of AA and only Linux- and Mac-users and those Windows-users (pardon my French) that enjoy the community still play 2.5, there's a load of Linux and Mac users that can help you out on 2.5-oriented forums.

One of them is DRAAT (http://forum.draat.net/index.php). Maybe you can get some help there as well.

Good luck and keep us posted !