Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: whats your current uptime?

Beans
    Hidden!

whats your current uptime?

how long do you guys leave your computers on for? ive only had my own computer for about a year and a half now (i just lived off my college labs), and its a laptop, so i dont usually leave it on for too long. when it ran windows for a little bit, i would let it go to till it randomly shut off, usually every other day.

if you are posting the uptime of a server, say so

"uptime" in a terminal will give you your uptime details

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: whats your current uptime?

Under Ubuntu (currently)
    3 Weeks, 4 Days, 12 Hours and 32 Minutes

Last Time Booted Into Windows
    7 Hours, 12 Minutes

I only use Windows when I need PC Beeper to wake my butt up in the morning for work, I haven't found an app for linux that does that. So putting it simply, Windows is my Alarm clock at this time.

Although tonight I'll have to boot into Windows, I've stayed up to late and need my alarm.
    Last edited by TechSonic; January 30th, 2006 at 09:00 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

8 days, 5:52.

We had a power failure 8 days, 5:53 minutes ago.

Beans
    Hidden!

Dec. 29 2005 15:21.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Well, I got last kernel update 18.1. and I booted after that..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

my lappy (ubuntu): 1 day, 1:51 (spent yesterday lugging it around campus fixing computers)

my server (fedora core 3): 56 days 14:46

going for 6 months on my server...not going to do any kernel upgrades until then (my last kernel upgrade: 56 days, 14 hours, 47 minutes ago).

Beans

I can't sleep with this thin on, so my uptime is around 15 mins..

My OS X ibook though usually runs until it ****s up after 20-30 days (yeah, there are some nasty bugs that make the computer go down. And my bt headset even managed to kernel panic the poor mac)

I write Kupfer, a smart, quick launcher.
    Recommended apps and tools: Vim!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Mid-range desktop, been up since the kernel update on the 18th. Before that I think it was 19 days or something. Usually this thing only gets shut off if I need to muck with the hardware.
    "We reject kings, presidents and voting. We believe in rough consensus and running code." -Dave Clark, IETF

Howto: Enable Restricted Media Formats - Add Extra Repositories Auto-Magicallly! - RTFM (pages) - Help Thyself!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

1 hour, 53 minutes
    just turned it on this evening. I usually turn my comp off at night and when i don't use it for long periods, mostly due to power consumption (and nagging parents because of that and my health) and the noise at night, although that is bearable usually. Longest I've had my server running without my rents turning it off was about 2 and a bit weeks. longest for my desktop was about a week.
    www.bsodcomic.com
    "Because life looks better in .jpg"

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    I usually turn my comp off at night and when i don't use it for long periods, mostly due to power consumption (and nagging parents because of that and my health) and the noise at night, although that is bearable usually.
    I can't cite my source, but I've read that people who work/play with their towers on their desk have a much higher incidence of brain cancer. Which can't bode well for those of us whose towers are under our desks...
    "We reject kings, presidents and voting. We believe in rough consensus and running code." -Dave Clark, IETF

Howto: Enable Restricted Media Formats - Add Extra Repositories Auto-Magicallly! - RTFM (pages) - Help Thyself!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast