Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Macpup Opera 061 looks pretty impressive!

Beans

Re: Macpup Opera 061 looks pretty impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by 今幸福 View Post
    I think that would be one step too confusing for them.
    i taught all my friends at school to do it... and then got in trouble cause the school noticed nobody was using windows xp on the school computers like they were supposed to

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNosh View Post
    i taught all my friends at school to do it... and then got in trouble cause the school noticed nobody was using windows xp on the school computers like they were supposed to
    Fortunately my school uses every OS under the sun: Windows XP, OSX, Sun Solaris, Red Hat, etc.
    "Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." ~ Yoda

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

AmigaOS?
    I <3 ROX!

Zimbo, zimbo, zimbo, zimbo, zimbo
    Zimbo, zimbo, zimbo, zimbo, zimbo

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNosh View Post
    puppy is a pretty solid base, it usually plays well with whatever you throw on top of it
    I wanted to report that I effortlessly and smoothly installed Macpup Opera 061 without fail and everything "just" worked!

I quickly taught a 73 year old grandfather how to navigate his way to watch all his favorite old black and white DVD movies and listen to his music CD collection.

Economic hardships have befallen this old couple and all they had was a computer to watch movies on and listen to CDs with. They were so excited when their movies just worked!!!

I have never felt so happy installing any Linux distro as I have with this experience.

Macpup Opera 061 is a first rate, world class distro!
    Last edited by HappinessNow; August 8th, 2009 at 05:48 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I wanted to report that I effortlessly and smoothly installed Macpup Opera 061 withou fail and everything "just" worked!

I quickly taught a 73 year old grandfather how to navigate his way to watch all his favorite old black and white DVD movies and listen to his music CD collection.

Economic hardships have befallen this old couple and all they had was a computer to watch movies on and listen to CDs with. They were so excited when their movies just worked!!!

I have never felt so happy installing any Linux distro as I have with this expereince.

Your a class act 今幸福; I don't know why, but I always get more satisfaction out of my helping out someone down on their luck, than I get outta the ones that pay. Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna go into the charity business, but one here and there will put a little sunshine in your brain, if you know what I mean.

GL and thanks again for the heads up on MacPup, I've got a few uses for that myself.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by starcannon View Post
    Your a class act 今幸福; I don't know why, but I always get more satisfaction out of my helping out someone down on their luck, than I get outta the ones that pay. Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna go into the charity business, but one here and there will put a little sunshine in your brain, if you know what I mean.

GL and thanks again for the heads up on MacPup, I've got a few uses for that myself.
    Good Welcomed and Thanks to you...some experiences are priceless beyond compare.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I had a little play with it and it's very nice indeed. If I can get the resolution up a bit for a widescreen monitor I'll take it further.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I am actually downloading it right now. I am looking for something for my Asus Netbook. It came with Linpus Lite which is ok but kinda outdated. I am going to test EasyPeasy, MacPup, and Ubuntu remix...

Does anyone know if it plays well with Netbooks?
    True freedom requires sacrifice and pain. Most human beings only think they want freedom. In truth they yearn for the bondage of social order, rigid laws, materialism, the only freedom man really wants, is the freedom to become comfortable.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

It does look really good, but it is just puppy in the end. Which is not a bad thing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Some people would argue against that, but glad to hear it worked out for you. I do enjoy puppy myself, but I don't think it's right for every computer. I tend to install it on older equipment, and usually works out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast