Thread: Looking for Ubuntu IT Manager

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Looking for Ubuntu IT Manager

Hi everyone,

I am the CTO at a small internet marketing firm (5 people) located in Tarzana, CA. We have finally laid the foundation for our company to grow and are in the process of hiring more people. We use Ubuntu exclusively and want to use it going forward, but to be quite honest with you, I simply don't have the time to effectively administrate the local IT needs along with all the server administration needs (all our servers are Ubuntu as well hosted on EC2)

We are looking for someone to be our Local IT Manager. They would be responsible for ordering equipment, setting up new workstations, setting up a system to manage permissions, etc. We currently use NIS with NFS exported home directories on our servers and it works extremely well. I would love to incorporate something like that locally as well to essentially give everyone a "roaming profile" as well as a way to centrally manage login privileges (NIS). I do realize that exported NFS home directories could pose a big problem with GDM.

If you feel that you would be a good candidate for this position, I would love to discuss the opportunity further. Please keep in mind that we really know our stuff when it comes to Ubuntu, and don't bother contacting us if you are simply eager to learn. We really need someone to hit the ground running on day 1 without us showing them the ropes of Ubuntu from desktops to servers.

Please contact me at tech@envoymediagroup.com if you are interested. Also, feel free to learn a little more about us at www.envoymediagroup.com

Thanks,
    Michael Taggart
    CTO
    Envoy Media Group

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Looking for Ubuntu IT Manager

Are you still hiring? what would you want me to do if I get hired? (work on just a ubuntu linux desktop or do you have a rackmount server or two?)