Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few questions

Beans

A few questions

Well I am trying to customize a live cd to use this whenever I am out and about, here is a few questions.

Does anyone know where to find the config. file to change the live cd shutdown message by default it is: Please remove the live cd from the drive, and press enter.

Also I need I am trying to find the config file to change the theme, I want it to show blue scroll bars :0

F-spot on my live cd, shows 2 camera(even though 1 is only plugged in) it shows 2 camera mounted but they are both the same 1 that is plugged into the USB port.
    Also in f-spot when I open the camera to import photos it gives me a error saying: error stating file '/home/buntu/photos' no such file or directory.

I use mplayer for my dvd watching, I have a script that will search the drives (since I have 2 dvd drives(live cd is in 1) but when open it up, like half of the control panel keys are bugged/screwed and not doing what they are suppose to. Also when I run my script it shows a terminal playing it, anyway I can make the terminal hidden while watching the dvd.

BTW I tried to just use the mplayer basic utility, but it kept on making my dvd's come up in spanish.

Also I made a lot of desktop entries for my live cd, but some of them do not show the entire entry on the screen.

Also the firefox homepage ( when u first open it up on the live cd) cuts out the bottom of it a little.

Anyone know any of the fixes for these issues, your help is greatly appreciated.

Beans

Re: A few questions

bumpage

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

In your ~/photos... I haven't used F-Spot, but I would assume it places things in ~/Pictures.
    Out of curiousity, are these errors that started after customizations, or are they just issues with the generic CD?

Beans

good questions Ill try the generic, the customize, on the hard drive f-spot works fine.

Beans

Any other advice suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Well my suggestion is, if your looking for something for simple usage on a live cd, don't use Ubuntu. It takes to long to load up because of it's size.

Try something smaller that works and boots fast on virtually any older computer: http://www.puppylinux.org/

Or you can also try: http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/

These distros won't take very long to download so my suggestion is to try them out. They offer all the needed applications and you can modify it however you like.

Beans

I like ubuntu though , anyone got fixes for the questions?

Wink Re: A few questions

2 things

either install vlc or xine as a multimedia player no problems i have experienced

and

if your looking for fancy stuff such as blue thingie mabobs here it is

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher The Great! View Post
    2 things

either install vlc or xine as a multimedia player no problems i have experienced

and

if your looking for fancy stuff such as blue thingie mabobs here it is
    just looking for the .conf files so i can change it to a theme that is already on the live cd by default.

Also I tried xine and it did not work too well, and VLC I could not get to work, Ill try again though.

Beans

bump!

BTW I found that VLC is way better thus far. Now all I need to do is find the .conf file so it plays /dev/dvd instead of the normal default location it has. Which is like sc0 something.
    Last edited by ericeclifford; August 12th, 2009 at 03:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast