Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evolution Mail has stopped working

Beans

Evolution Mail has stopped working

I'm not sure if it's something I've done - though I've only downloaded updates - but I can't get Evolution Mail to send anything. Messages just stay in my outbox. I can get only my other email accounts on the same computer and send from them. Anything I can do? Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Re: Evolution Mail has stopped working

Have you ticked 'Server requires authentication' in the sending preferences?

Beans

Thanks. I've looked hard but I can't find 'sending preferences' so I can't answer your question. Help on this would be very much appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Edit>Preferences

Highlight your email account, then click the edit button, then look for the 'Sending Email' tab

Beans

Sorry, this must sound dumb, but how do I highlight my email account? Is this in Applications?

Beans

I'm also now having further problems with Evolution. It asked me for my password for my server, although the 'remember password' is ticked. It wouldn't let me enter my password and just completely froze. I logged off and went back in and saw the following message on my desktop (it quickly disappeared):

"network Service discovery disabled. You current network has a .local domain. which is not recommended and incompatible with the Avahi network service discovery. The service has been disabled."

I understand not a single word of this. Please help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by hector24 View Post
    Sorry, this must sound dumb, but how do I highlight my email account? Is this in Applications?
    No, it would be in the Evolution menu Edit>Preferences

then follow the steps in the jpeg I've attached to this post. This is the window that will appear.

Evo1.jpg

This could be a temporary email problem. Occasionally, when an email server is having problems it keeps asking you for you password again and again and won't accept anything you enter.

On the other hand that message about avahi does make me think something more is going on here.

Do your other email accounts work?
    Last edited by mprince; August 3rd, 2009 at 10:57 PM.

Beans

Thanks for that. Yes, 'authentication required' is checked.

Thanks for your help. I will tune in tomorrow.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I've run into the same problem. Evolution has always sent fine but starting a week ago, it periodically won't send mail. We use Zimbra here and we do use auth on SMTP. If I restart Evo it will send the mail out but after being open for a few hours (random really) it will just start piling mail up in the Outbox.

I started evo from the console and waited for maybe 10 minutes after clicking Send/Receive hoping to get the error, if any, on sending mail.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Hi

Is anyone able to help me because my problem isn't resolved? I really don't want to have to keep going to Mail2web to get my emails. Is Ubuntu always this problematic? I'm a complete beginner and haven't used the computer much since having Ubuntu installed yet I've had a number of problems. I'm thinking of giving up on the whole thing. I need convincing this is all worth it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast