Page 53 of 543 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Beans

Re: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Quote Originally Posted by jbernardo View Post
    Repo updated, now you should have all my work on it. Build the driver, the modules, and if you can find why dri is broken, please commit. Let's hope we can get this working fast.
    Great effort JBernardo!
    I've uploaded all the packages on my ppa account, they are currently building... in the meanwhile i'll recuperate my netbook to test them.

https://launchpad.net/~lucazade/+archive/ppa

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

@ home and kicking

already started compiling from source, but it's more work than I thought.. So thanks to lucazade I'll install those packages and work from there...

If someone knows a good IRC channel maybe we could use that to consult when we're working on this..

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

You can always try #ubuntu-x

To build the packages, the simplest way is to run "debuild -i -us -uc -b" from inside the package directory.

Beans

Grazie ragazzi!
    Siete magnifici! ^__^

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by jbernardo View Post
    You can always try #ubuntu-x

To build the packages, the simplest way is to run "debuild -i -us -uc -b" from inside the package directory.
    That makes life a lot easier
    I'll see how far I get..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by zombolo View Post
    Grazie ragazzi!
    Siete magnifici! ^__^

incrocio le dita ... let's hope

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw45 View Post
    @ home and kicking

already started compiling from source, but it's more work than I thought.. So thanks to lucazade I'll install those packages and work from there...

If someone knows a good IRC channel maybe we could use that to consult when we're working on this..

Just make on , ##gma500

Do not register it if you do not wish to use it long term.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Might be worth trying to contact the ubuntu-mobile team and see if they can help with the errors your getting (possibly even build the driver themselves). Now may be a good time as lucid has just been released and they haven't yet started working on maverick

Beans

Hi there,

I've been trying to pull together some idea of where the current GMA500 support is at from the discussion in this thread, but I'm a bit lost.

I'm running an Acer 751h and had the psb drivers running great up until my last system update. My drivers don't seem to work with 2.6.31-21, but when switch back to the -20 kernel everything goes back to being as good as it's ever been. Which is to say, decent performance but no suspend/hibernation recover if the framebuffer flag is on, poor performance and suspend support if its off.

I just run with screen blanking on when I close the lid.

I'm a seasoned developer and would like to contribute to improving things, what's the best way to get started.

My setup is based on the information for 9.10 found here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...eoCardsPoulsbo

And I see from that wiki that I shouldn't make the jump to 10.4 just yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by factoid79 View Post
    I've been trying to pull together some idea of where the current GMA500 support is at from the discussion in this thread, but I'm a bit lost.
    Ok, I'll try to clarify a bit.

I'm running an Acer 751h and had the psb drivers running great up until my last system update. My drivers don't seem to work with 2.6.31-21, but when switch back to the -20 kernel everything goes back to being as good as it's ever been. Which is to say, decent performance but no suspend/hibernation recover if the framebuffer flag is on, poor performance and suspend support if its off.
    This is simple, in 2.6.31-21 just do "dpkg-reconfigure psb-kernel-source". I've changed the DKMS config in the alpha lucid driver so that it will regenerate the module on kernel change, you can try it in karmic also.

I'm a seasoned developer and would like to contribute to improving things, what's the best way to get started.
    We are now fighting with xserver 1.7.x (ubuntu 10.04). Lucazade set a repository in google code (http://code.google.com/p/gma500/) from where you can download our sources, and build any packages with "debuild -i -us -uc -b", or you can download them from lucazade's ppa when they finish building - https://launchpad.net/~lucazade/+archive/ppa
    So, what is missing from these? Well xorg loads the psb driver, this in turn manages to load the psb and psb-drm kernel modules, there is no error in dmesg when loading these with debug enabled, but still /dev/dri never gets created and so the xorg psb driver ultimately fails because it needs dri.
    And I'm out of options right now, no idea where to look next.

Page 53 of 543 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast