Page 99 of 543 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Beans

Re: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

I tested my video speed problem.
    Without xvideo extension (wich gets disabled with fbshadow) I can play video smoothy up to 1024x576, my fullscreen resolution is 1366x768 so I cannot play fullscreen.

People with 1024x576 fullscreen resolution should not notice this problem

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dimonsbo View Post
    please test it and feedback here, 'cause I'm going slightly mad with TONS of lucid's reinstalls...
    Sorry mate unable to test since cannot reinstall Lucid. Getting this weird "Error mounting 7.3 GB Filesystem. Daemon is inhibited" error message from my SSD/HD hybrid after repeatedly attempting reinstall, even after reinstalling Win 7 and then reverting to Lucid again. Since I have no clue how to get around this I cannot test further, might even have to revert back to Win7. Sadly.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Cortex0172 View Post
    Sorry mate unable to test since cannot reinstall Lucid. Getting this weird "Error mounting 7.3 GB Filesystem. Daemon is inhibited" error message from my SSD/HD hybrid after repeatedly attempting reinstall, even after reinstalling Win 7 and then reverting to Lucid again. Since I have no clue how to get around this I cannot test further, might even have to revert back to Win7. Sadly.

Check this bug in launchpad - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...us/+bug/587812 - seems to be the same problem you're describing.

Beans

Grazie jbernardo, got the error message again after install, but followed advice from your link "Hit Alt+F2 and then type gconf-editor
    Navigate to /apps/nautilus/preferences/media_automount
    Uncheck the box" and Lucid would at least restart into the SSD install.

I set Lucid to start into a 2D session, and now run the GMA500 script again to see if I can enjoy Lucid with higher resolution. And...

It works, Lucid now starts into a 2D session in 1024x600, MSI U115 Hybrid standard resolution.
    Last edited by Cortex0172; May 31st, 2010 at 02:31 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Good Job !!! Keep going =).
    http://digg.com/d31Sc0G

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question for all, in particular, @jbernando

Did anyone try to use libva (vaapi) with Lucid? Does the mplayer-vaapi work?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by michael37 View Post
    Question for all, in particular, @jbernando

Did anyone try to use libva (vaapi) with Lucid? Does the mplayer-vaapi work?
    For vaapi or xvideo to work you need bitmap texture acceleration support. Disabled when you enable FBShadow. 3D support still broken, so you can't disable FBShadow and get a stable (sometimes not even usable) system.

Beans

For some reason xrandr orientation no longer works on the 10.04 release. Does anybody know if this is related to the ShadowFB option ?

I can't really find anything in the PSB driver source code that might be the cause of the non-working xrandr rotation... I'm about to download the whole xorg sourcecode and start from there but it's clearly not easy and a beast to compile...

-Yves

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yvesdm3000 View Post
    For some reason xrandr orientation no longer works on the 10.04 release. Does anybody know if this is related to the ShadowFB option ?

I can't really find anything in the PSB driver source code that might be the cause of the non-working xrandr rotation... I'm about to download the whole xorg sourcecode and start from there but it's clearly not easy and a beast to compile...

-Yves
    Maybe you should compile some parts lots of times, install ccache.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by alfrenovsky View Post
    For vaapi or xvideo to work you need bitmap texture acceleration support. Disabled when you enable FBShadow. 3D support still broken, so you can't disable FBShadow and get a stable (sometimes not even usable) system.
    I'm currently trying to get mplayer-vaapi to work, but I'm getting flip_page errors while running. is this related to the bitmap texture acceleration support you mention?

Page 99 of 543 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast