Thread: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

hi to everybody!
    i do not understand if it is possible to use this repo:
    https://launchpad.net/~lucazade/+archive/ppa
    in order to install the correct driver for GMA500 (i'm an other 1101HA owner).

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Splarz View Post
    hi to everybody!
    i do not understand if it is possible to use this repo:
    https://launchpad.net/~lucazade/+archive/ppa
    in order to install the correct driver for GMA500 (i'm an other 1101HA owner).
    Hi!
    If you're running karmic, you can use that repository or run lucazade's script. If you're running lucid, you'll have to wait.
    PS: I also have a 1101ha. Very nice netbook, shame about the psb drivers

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jbernardo
    If you're running lucid, you'll have to wait.
    no, i've just installed lucid lynx, killing both karmic and jolicloud installations.
    before i had karmic with luca's script, then i installed the jolicloud-atom kernel; i was able to use the netbook but lack of support for Fn hotkeys and under/overclock forced me to be stuck on windows xp (no brightness control, no good battery's authonomy).
    i wish you a good work

Beans

So while I am a happy camper running karmic on my dell mini 12, I am naturally intriguied by Lucid. I just saw that our friend luca has a lucid ppa over at https://launchpad.net/~lucazade/+archive/ppa. Has anyone been brave enough to give it a try?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

A thread that from the Intel Embedded Community Forum that might be of interest to all participants.
    http://community.edc.intel.com/t5/So...port/td-p/2535

Beans

I have done absolutely everything that I can think of, but no matter what I do, I keep getting the @#$%^&# error "psb-kernel-source-4.41.6 does not exist"

I am frustrated to my wits end. I about to throw in the towel and put XP on it.

I am running UNR 9.10 2.6.31-21.

Running "dpkg-reconfigure psb-kernel-source" does not fix it.
    Removing psb-kernel-source and reinstalling it does not work. I just get the same error.
    Running the script "wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338581/Gma5...pts/poulsbo.sh && sh ./poulsbo.sh" does not work. I get the same error.
    I added Lucazade's ppa and it still doesn't work. I get the same error.
    Modifying the poulsbo.sh script to use Lucazade's .debs does not work. I get the same error.

Additionally, I get the error "error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1" every time I try to run anything that uses openGL (like the !#$%^#$ netbook-launcher)

Help?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

All I can think of is to do a "apt-get purge psb-kernel-source", reboot, and reinstall of that package only.
    For the GL stuff, I think there is a problem with the redirections in xpsb-glx. I'll have to look at that as soon as we get this stable on lucid. But it wont work for you anyway until you get the psb kernel module to load.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jbernardo View Post
    All I can think of is to do a "apt-get purge psb-kernel-source", reboot, and reinstall of that package only.
    For the GL stuff, I think there is a problem with the redirections in xpsb-glx. I'll have to look at that as soon as we get this stable on lucid. But it wont work for you anyway until you get the psb kernel module to load.
    Any date for the xpsb-glx fix? It kind of sucks not being able to run anything that uses OpenGL...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
    Any date for the xpsb-glx fix? It kind of sucks not being able to run anything that uses OpenGL...
    Too much to do, not enough time... What you can do is either force the redirection, or remove it. What I've seen is that the xpsb-glx isn't installing the libGL.so.* files, even in karmic. Maybe that is why it is blowing in Lucid when anything GL is used. We need someone with more experience with deb packages to sort out the mess of the PSB ones.
    Edit: I've seen other versions of xpsb-glx that don't include mesa. I do know that versions that had a working mesa install I got accelerated video in kde's dragon player "for free", that is, without specifying vaapi or anything. After some time it was broke, I need to check when.

Edit2: to remove the xpsb redirections until we fix the install of the mesa drivers:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-divert --remove --rename --package xpsb-glx --divert /usr/lib/psb/libGL.so.1.xlibmesa /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
    sudo dpkg-divert --remove --rename --package xpsb-glx --divert /usr/lib/psb/libGL.so.1.2.xlibmesa /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2
    Last edited by jbernardo; May 6th, 2010 at 06:45 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

@jbernardo: did you had any succes yesterday? or have some idea on a next step?

PS: sorry for the bad svn check in, but had to rush yesterday

Page 59 of 543 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast