Page 534 of 543 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 5425

Thread: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Well, the psb_gfs driver is in development and you are more likely to get a bug fix with the psb_gfx then you are to get the EMGD driver working on 12.04.

I suggest you file a bug report on launchpad.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    I suggest you file a bug report on launchpad.
    I have done as suggested

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Crucias View Post
    I have done as suggested
    Thank you, would you post a link here as well, we will try to help.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

I have a dell Mini 1010 and I have excatly the same issues as described below. The swapping of TTY1 is a pain. Installed Gnome Shell but it just goes logs into the old version of Gnome. Apart from that, all seem to work so far but will report back with any issues.

Well, I installed precise on my dell mini 12. It went ok overall. I had to switch to tty1 on restart lightdm. I put console=tty1 in my grub as directed, but I also have to switch to tty1 and back to tty7 to get the display right. if not, I get the screen only in the top half of the display. Also, the wireless didn't work. Reinstalling the broadcom sta driver fixed it. Suspend seems to work, but on resume the display is garbled I switched to tty1 and tried restarting lightdm, but not dice.
    Update 12:40 GMT: Well I tried the PPA from lucazade and thanks to lucazade I now have Gnome Shell installed on my Dell 1010 Mini.......I never thought I would see the day this would happen so a BIG THANK YOU to lucazade. Comments so far is it is noticeable slower under Gnome Shell, with typeing text quicker than it is displayed on the screen. Display jumps when loading applications.
    I will follow the progress of this very closely.
    lucazade, if there is any testing I can do for you, please let me know. I am no developer but can follow instructions if you need someone as a tester!

Many thanks
    Last edited by TakeLifeEasy; April 28th, 2012 at 12:44 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by TakeLifeEasy View Post
    I have a dell Mini 1010 and I have excatly the same issues as described below. The swapping of TTY1 is a pain. Installed Gnome Shell but it just goes logs into the old version of Gnome. Apart from that, all seem to work so far but will report back with any issues.

Update 12:40 GMT: Well I tried the PPA from lucazade and thanks to lucazade I now have Gnome Shell installed on my Dell 1010 Mini.......I never thought I would see the day this would happen so a BIG THANK YOU to lucazade. Comments so far is it is noticeable slower under Gnome Shell, with typeing text quicker than it is displayed on the screen. Display jumps when loading applications.
    I will follow the progress of this very closely.
    lucazade, if there is any testing I can do for you, please let me know. I am no developer but can follow instructions if you need someone as a tester!

Many thanks
    llvmpipe is in rapid development and if you want to run gnome-shell I highly suggest Fedora 17.

If you want to stay with Ubuntu, I would use unity until llvmpipe is fully ported.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

One cause of failure in 12.04

If you are using the EMGD and upgrade, the psb_gfx seems to fail.

I would advise either purging the emgd and removing the ppa prior to upgrading or performing a fresh install of 12.04.

Either way, take the 12.04 desktop iso for a test drive first.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

After upgrade to 12.04 on my Fit-PC2 I get a black screen on start up. I tried Ctrl-Alt F1 and
    Code:
    sudo service lightdm restart
    , but all that happens is that the screen goes bright yellow. This is also true for the console, so the console text is then white on bright yellow and almost impossible to see.

I did experiment with the other drivers on 11.04 and 11.10 but reverted back to vesa. Now, with the upgrade, I get nothing at all.

I guess I must have some driver or config option lying around somewhere in my system from previous experiments. Is there any way I can find out what's causing the blockage?

Beans

Arrow Re: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

After reading some of the latest posts i must say one thing :

Ubuntu Oneiric ( 11.10 ) with Emgd is possible and very fast with some conditions :

1- Using Lxde or Xfce
    2- Have a kernel compiled for Netbooks and also for your Material (Acer/Asus/Toshiba/etc... )
    3 - Use mplayer to view videos ( SD / HD720p / 1080p )
    4 - Use Firefox + Flashvideoreplacer + mplayer do view Flash Videos from Youtube,etc... works well in 720p full screen

I've done a special Remix few pages ago, with all this stuff and people seems happy with it

Kernel is for Asus EeePC but i will post on demand compiled kernel for ACER / SONY / ... in my forum

Forum : http://eminteepc.freeforums.org

Feel free to take a look

Niop

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sinnett View Post
    After upgrade to 12.04 on my Fit-PC2 I get a black screen on start up.

See my post right above yours.

Try the 12.04 desktop CD.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Since GMA 500 doesn't work with Unity (3D), how to I make it so that Unity 2D is the default interface when logging in?

Page 534 of 543 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536 ... LastLast