Page 213 of 543 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 5425

Thread: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Beans

Re: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Quote Originally Posted by zombolo View Post
    Any way to install 10.10 on vaio p?
    I am stuck at boot with blank screen initram dialogue.
    2000mb ctrl+x seems not working.

Thanks in advance!!!
    I had this issue on my Vaio P. When the Ubuntu splash screen starts up hit F6, then F6 again for more options. I randomly disabled the options there and got it to work. I didn't take the time to figure out which choice was the important one.

There are other problems with 10.10 on Vaio P, unfortunately. The synaptics driver loads during the install screen for the touchpad and stick, but once installed it does not show up as an input device at all!

Also, installing PPA source and poulsbo drivers causes X to fail to start.

I don't have a lot of time or motivation to troubleshoot this...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I'm a sony vaio x user. I have been using this driver since karmic. upgraded to maverick yesterday, the new driver for maverick seems to work fine. However i lost usb function, and because bluetooth, sd all depends on usb on this machine, i lost them too. After some google, i found out that adding "acpi=off" to grub can bring usb back, but the psb driver doesn't work under this setting. Any help?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by scubajeff View Post
    I'm a sony vaio x user. I have been using this driver since karmic. upgraded to maverick yesterday, the new driver for maverick seems to work fine. However i lost usb function, and because bluetooth, sd all depends on usb on this machine, i lost them too. After some google, i found out that adding "acpi=off" to grub can bring usb back, but the psb driver doesn't work under this setting. Any help?
    I also seem to have lost USB, which would explain my frustration at getting ubuntu to recognize that there's a flash drive plugged in.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
    I also seem to have lost USB, which would explain my frustration at getting ubuntu to recognize that there's a flash drive plugged in.
    have u try adding "acpi=off" to grub? does this bring back the usb? does it conflict with gma driver?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
    Okkkkkkkkk please don't eat me . I think meebo is a flavour of debian and we could integrated this driver into a ubuntu. Now i'm figthing with maverick because don't show me the grub after install .
    Meego is closer to moblin, which was based on FEDORA.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by scubajeff View Post
    have u try adding "acpi=off" to grub? does this bring back the usb? does it conflict with gma driver?
    I added that to my grub config and it made my computer no longer boot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

751h still not working right even with the plymouth fixes detailed above. I suspect making multiple changes has messed up my config - I'll try a clean install of 10.10 and see how it goes - happy to test a new poulsbo-config if one is available...

Paul

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PilotPaul View Post
    happy to test a new poulsbo-config if one is available...
    work in progress!

Beans

I've just fixed plymount and upgraded poulsbo-config of gma500/fix. Plymount works fine, but i've found some mistakes:
    - suspend don't works fine. Always computer restarts a few seconds... and a message appear of a error in psb driver or somethink similar (i haven't time to read it). It worked good, I don't know what is the blame.
    - Wifi and touchpad fn bottons don't works ( brightness is ok, but only in gnome, not in kde).

Thanks for your job, and I'm sure your get it!!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by toinou View Post
    Hello
    I've been following this topic fo a few weeks now.
    On Ubuntu 10.04, enabling Compiz broke the sleep fonctionality on my laptop.
    With the latest kernel my laptop was unable to wake from sleep anymore (I tried every workaround from this topic with no success), with or without Compiz Enabled.
    I went ahead and installed maverick, and with the latest tips from simplygades and lucazade, everything works great now.

Compiz in enabled, Boot Screen looks really pretty and my laptop wakes from sleep withous any issue.
    I built mplayer-vaapi and gstreamer-vaapi rather than using the repository and used the workaround for flash video.
    I really am very happy with my laptop, with its great battery life, its ability to play 1080p movies, and its decent speed.
    I'd like to thank you all for your help. If anybody needs me to list the settings I used, just let me know.

My config : EeePC 1201HA (Z520/2GB/250GB) with Ubuntu 10.10 and poulsbo driver from gma500 PPA and poulsbo-config from gma500/fix PPA.

Toinou
    I also have a EeePC 1201HA only I use the gma 500 ppa exclusively and haven't build anything from source. After reading your post I tried building mplayer-vaapi from source, but I still can't play xvid videos properly (anymore). I don't know how to build gstreamer-vaapi so I haven't tried that yet.

Page 213 of 543 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast