Page 153 of 543 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 5425

Thread: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Beans

Re: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Quote Originally Posted by AdamWill View Post
    btw, not sure what problem it is you all are having with suspend, but it seems to be something to do with Ubuntu rather than something to do with psb; on my P, with Fedora 13, suspend/resume works perfectly without any tweaks, I can just close the system and it suspends, open it and hit the power button and it resumes.
    I think it is more of a kernel issue. What kernel version do you run on your F13 ?

-Yves

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I was just wondering...

is there any particular reason that ANY mplayer-vaapi GUI does not work?

This suprised me especially with gmaplayer, as I've always been quite convinced it is exactly the same app, just with the GUI added, and should be responding to commands exactly in the same way (in fact, that is what man pages say). For any attempts to make gmplayer (also gnome-mplayer, smplayer and others) work with vaapi - using both graphical setup and command line to start - it fails.

Don't let me die of curiosity, Guys!

Beans

have you tried setting your options in gui.conf?
    it should be located ~/.mplayer/gui.conf
    if not then make one gmplayer reads this instead of the other config files.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by deadhp1 View Post
    have you tried setting your options in gui.conf?
    it should be located ~/.mplayer/gui.conf
    if not then make one gmplayer reads this instead of the other config files.
    Yes, I have tried setting up all mplayer config files (general one in /etc/mplayer and those in ~/.mplayer/) and they're all set up well. That is why mplayer itself works. The problem occurs just when I'm trying to use GUI. Weird...

The problem is that, even starting gmplayer form the console, it does not play properly. And console options in mplayer, as far as I can remember, are superior to those set up in all config files...
    Last edited by drzorcz; July 23rd, 2010 at 12:56 AM.

Beans

I was getting an error with gmplayer not being able to find the default skin so I did
    sudo apt-get install mplayer-skins
    Now it will start and play for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Hi guys,
    Sorry for the long silence but work has been hell. Also, my 1101HA fell, broke the case, had to replace it, now the touchpad wont' work (and I appreciate suggestions for this issue, as it is still detected by the kernel, and the buttons work; maybe I'll have to buy a new one, or maybe just glue it differently to the casing)... It's been a complicated couple of weeks.
    @Yves - if you can do what you proposed (short term fix Xv, long term new driver) great! I wish I could help you there, but X video driver development is way out of my depth. Maybe we could start a bounty asking for other developers to help you?
    @Lucazade - congratulations on the live cd! That was a brilliant idea!
    @AdamW - the suspend issue, at least on my 1101HA isn't reproducible always. At least on my 1101HA running kubuntu. Some times X will crash at resume, but if it resumes without crashing once, it will keep working until (sometimes) apparently kwin half crashes and mouse clicks are no longer working; alt-tab still works, and all programs are still responsive to the keyboard.
    Btw, I synced the libva in our ppa with the one from gbeauchesnes some time ago, but I don't remember if I ever submitted it to the repositories. I'll see if I can update it this weekend - and maybe rename it so it will have precedence over the one in maverik. I just wish I had time to do some renaming and reorganizing of or source repository, right now it is completely insane. Maybe during the August holidays.

It would be great if we could get some Canonical or Intel support, but we asked for it so many times that I am pretty sure it will never happen. So we (users) need to get this on our hands.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jbernardo View Post
    Maybe during the August holidays.

It would be great if we could get some Canonical or Intel support, but we asked for it so many times that I am pretty sure it will never happen. So we (users) need to get this on our hands.

Enjoy your holidays!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by deadhp1 View Post
    I was getting an error with gmplayer not being able to find the default skin so I did
    sudo apt-get install mplayer-skins
    Now it will start and play for me.
    Not my case - I have mplayer-skins installed and no problems with the skin...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yvesdm3000 View Post
    I think it is more of a kernel issue. What kernel version do you run on your F13 ?

-Yves
    F13 stock kernel at the moment is 2.6.33.6.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AdamWill View Post
    I'd guess the 'official' build doesn't have the same compatibility stuff as the PPA build does. I have this in my libva build:

echo ".text"|gcc -xassembler - -o %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/libva.so.%{apiver} -shared -Wl,-soname,libva.so.0 -Wl,-z,noexecstack -L%{buildroot}%{_libdir} -lva-x11
    ln -s libva.so.%{apiver} %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/libva.so.0

which I took from the debian build in Gwenole's patched libva. It provides a copy of the library with the name libva.so.0 for things like xpsb-glx which still use that naming. I suspect the 'official' Ubuntu libva package doesn't do this.

(In case you don't know, Gwenole Beauchesne maintains a branch of libva at http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbeauchesne/libva/ , which has improvements over upstream (that get gradually merged over time). I package that one for Fedora).

On Compiz - with 0.8.6 you can run compiz itself with --indirect-rendering , but trying to run gtk-window-decorator crashes X. I built 0.9.0 for fun, as it claims not to use TFP. With 0.9.0 you can run compiz without --indirect-rendering, but again, running gtk-window-decorator kills X.
    I tried this and it doesn't crash in the PSB driver for me (I hoped it would, it's so much more easy to fix then), it crashes inside xorg with no paths to PSB.

I'll put it on my todo list for now, i want Xv fixed first. I have now a good impression on what I need to do to make Xv work, it's not an easy fix, that's for sure. It was simply not supported in classic and in Mixed we need to handle pixmaps ourselves. As a quick test for the 'mixed' migration I return NULL as pixmap buffer and this is the way we work today , but it is something that is not supposed to work...

-Yves

Page 153 of 543 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast