Page 151 of 543 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 5425

Thread: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Beans

Re: Guide to Get the Best Performace from the GMA 500

Luca, is there any way to make that s2ram workaround the default way to suspend? It works if I do it manually, but the system does the default suspend procedure when I close the lid or leave it unattended, and that kills X.

BTW, I only get around 1000 in gxlgears on an 1101HA — is that allright, or does that mean I'm doing something wrong?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Will this work? i.e. replace the contents of /usr/lib/hal/scripts/linux/hal-system-power-suspend-linux with

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    /sbin/s2ram –force
    I'll try it if no one says anything. The comments in the linked thread suggest it will work on Lucid.

Beans

That's what I'm talking about! A way to integrate the suspend work around. Whoo hoo!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Amozzz View Post
    Will this work? i.e. replace the contents of /usr/lib/hal/scripts/linux/hal-system-power-suspend-linux with

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    /sbin/s2ram –force
    I'll try it if no one says anything. The comments in the linked thread suggest it will work on Lucid.
    Check this out http://www.ubuntugeek.com/fix-for-su...r-laptops.html

Steps:
    Open the terminal ang gain root priviledges, then:
    Code:
    cp /usr/lib/hal/scripts/linux/hal-system-power-suspend-linux /usr/lib/hal/scripts/linux/hal-system-power-suspend-linux.bak
    cp /usr/lib/hal/scripts/linux/hal-system-power-hibernate-linux /usr/lib/hal/scripts/linux/hal-system-power-hibernate-linux.bak
    nano /usr/lib/hal/scripts/linux/hal-system-power-suspend-linux
          PASTE:
    #!/bin/sh
    /sbin/s2ram –force

nano /usr/lib/hal/scripts/linux/hal-system-power-hibernate-linux
          PASTE:
    #!/bin/sh
    /sbin/s2disk
    By the way you always talked about s2ram and suspend, but uswsusp comes also with s2disk, which is the equivalent of hibernation and it's working quite well on my (gma500 powered...sigh!) asus 1101ha
    Last edited by badook; July 21st, 2010 at 09:49 AM.

Beans

It seems to work on my 1101ha but it restart the session and close my programs.
    But if I give the command "sudo s2ram --force" on terminal it works good.
    What's wrong?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nekr0z View Post
    BTW, I only get around 1000 in gxlgears on an 1101HA — is that allright, or does that mean I'm doing something wrong?
    On my 1101ha glxgears returns around 1300/5 fps with jupiter set on "maximum performance".
    A question:
    When i start the session with WIFI disabled, even if I try to enable it doesn't work. Have you got the same problem?
    Last edited by whiteblade; July 21st, 2010 at 01:29 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nekr0z View Post
    I get around 500 fps glxgears on my archos 9 tablet. Using mesa/software i only get around 30 fps...

It all depends on your CPU and at what speed it is running, the Archos has an atom 1.2 Ghz ...

-Yves

Beans

I've been doing mostly some investigation lately, there is a closed source library with API that Meegos driver is based on from Imagination Solutions (designers of the PowerVR chip).

We have a couple of possibilities we can go to:

1. We keep current implementation, we fix Xv and for the future (10.10 maybe?) hope our binary blob keeps working. No texture_from_pixmap support is ever possible this way. No compiz and whatelse that needs it...

2. We use Imagination Solutions API and build a driver on top of that. Sure we allready have a huge piece of code from our current driver, i've been looking at it and most can stay, only the opengl chunk changes and rebuild some little parts (mostly Xv that's not working right now anyway). I even see some possibilities for improvement, mostly alpha-blending could be improved (end result might vary, I have no idea what the library does on silicon or in software, if they do it in software, the real speed improvement will probably be nil...).

3. We go meego's driver all the way. Everything is closed source. I don't think this one will be the best unless Intel decides to open-source the xorg part, and if they do we receive a head-start for case 2

-Yves

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yvesdm3000 View Post
    I've been doing mostly some investigation lately, there is a closed source library with API that Meegos driver is based on from Imagination Solutions (designers of the PowerVR chip).

We have a couple of possibilities we can go to:

1. We keep current implementation, we fix Xv and for the future (10.10 maybe?) hope our binary blob keeps working. No texture_from_pixmap support is ever possible this way. No compiz and whatelse that needs it...

2. We use Imagination Solutions API and build a driver on top of that. Sure we allready have a huge piece of code from our current driver, i've been looking at it and most can stay, only the opengl chunk changes and rebuild some little parts (mostly Xv that's not working right now anyway). I even see some possibilities for improvement, mostly alpha-blending could be improved (end result might vary, I have no idea what the library does on silicon or in software, if they do it in software, the real speed improvement will probably be nil...).

3. We go meego's driver all the way. Everything is closed source. I don't think this one will be the best unless Intel decides to open-source the xorg part, and if they do we receive a head-start for case 2

-Yves
    I don't know how much difficult could be building a driver on top of their specs so my opinion maybe not so useful.
    Second solution sounds good and *seems* the most maintainable solution for future release..
    in the meanwhile i tried to build the current driver stack for 10.10 via PPA and everything build but no xpsb-glx (here is the build log).. maybe this is useful for your investigation.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lucazade View Post
    I don't know how much difficult could be building a driver on top of their specs so my opinion maybe not so useful.
    Second solution sounds good and *seems* the most maintainable solution for future release..
    in the meanwhile i tried to build the current driver stack for 10.10 via PPA and everything build but no xpsb-glx (here is the build log).. maybe this is useful for your investigation.
    Can you check if you have libva.so.0 as a link to something ?

This is the error in your build log:
    dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libva.so.0 needed by debian/xpsb-glx/usr/lib/va/drivers/psb_drv_video.so (ELF format: 'elf32-i386'; RPATH: '').

In the mean time maybe it is best to fix the Xv bug in our current driver as rebuilding it to the API might take alot of time and work (maybe for ubuntu 10.10).

-Yves

Page 151 of 543 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast