Thread: On site tech support for ubuntu in the chicago land?

Beans

On site tech support for ubuntu in the chicago land?

On site tech support for ubuntu in the chicago land?

I thinking try to get my dads business to switch over but Im not familiar enough to be his tech support and I have not done anything with the server stuff.

Anyone recommend an tech company that will come out and work on random computer problems?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Re: On site tech support for ubuntu in the chicago land?

So what kinda help do you need? Any issues with ubuntu can most likely be fixed by just browsing the forums... thats the great thing about the linux community!
    HP Mini 110 - UNR 9.10/Jolicloud Alpha Tester
    Lenovo Y510 - Windows 7/Linux Mint Gloria
    www.pcmuze.com - Blog
    www.Clevermodels.net - High Res Paper Models.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Failing that, you could probably buy me return flights to Chicago for about $700. Throw in a room and meals and I'll work for $300 a week!!!

Beans

Specifically I would try to move the sever that my dad has at work over to ubuntu. I would have to get the back up software working, email, and migrating all the software into an ubuntu environment.

There is also I need to either get a program called Resumate working with WINE or if that fails find a program that could be thought of moving to in future.

I would try doing what I could over a long weekend but I cant really rely on the forums on getting "mission critical" stuff fixed.

scratman while that sounds fun and all this whole migration thing to ubuntu is mostly my idea and I would prolly have to front all of the conversion costs because my dad doesnt see the proof in the podding yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

If it aint broke don't fix it?

So why move it all over to ubuntu? Sounds like a waste of time and money if everything is peachy on windows.
    HP Mini 110 - UNR 9.10/Jolicloud Alpha Tester
    Lenovo Y510 - Windows 7/Linux Mint Gloria
    www.pcmuze.com - Blog
    www.Clevermodels.net - High Res Paper Models.

Beans
    Hidden!

CastleFox, if you're still looking for support have you looked into the support offered by Canonical?:
    http://www.ubuntu.com/support/services

You could also look into the official Ubuntu 'partners' and see if there's a company there that may fit what you're looking for:
    http://webapps.ubuntu.com/partners/

Lastly, I would figure just about any company that would offer support for Debian based servers should be able to do the same for Ubuntu. I haven't looked into the server side that much, but I'm not sure if there would be *that* much to differentiate them.