Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Gens/GS r7_pre2 - Preview Release

Beans

Re: Gens/GS r7_pre2 - Preview Release

I was wondering if there is a hash (md5sum &/or sha1sum) for all of the downloads. Just to help ensure that the file being downloaded is legit, it makes it easy to check.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
    I was wondering if there is a hash (md5sum &/or sha1sum) for all of the downloads. Just to help ensure that the file being downloaded is legit, it makes it easy to check.
    Here's the md5sums and sha1sums of the current packages.

gens-gs-r7.tar.gz:
    md5sum: bcb17b49774aa318a224c741028aabc3
    sha1sum: a7c882813b57f7448947619c1cabfa7ede685b7a

gens_2.16.7_i386.deb:
    md5sum: ac71f00e5c1de21360c12d370c3d8a8c
    sha1sum: 420ff8019f30a865ac76dd776068bbc909e89e9c

gens-gs-r7-win32-pkg1.zip:
    md5sum: ed00937da6bc75f8e02696dcff6fa41d
    sha1sum: 621915f2d5a9b777efaf105e69e10af189ae5fc1

Beans

I installed Gens-gs-r7 on my HTPC that's running XMBC live (Dharma), in the past I used also Kega Fusion and the older Gens (2.15). Now I was thinking by myself what if this new version has an option to quit Gens with the gamepad, by pressing on an assigned button. So I compiled it for my htpc and installed it.

But I was wrong, there's still no option to do that, Zsnes has that option and it's very handy.

So my question is, when can we expect such an option ?

Beans

As mentioned previously, I'm working on a partial rewrite of Gens/GS called Gens/GS II. One of the features I implemented recently is the ability to remap hotkeys for menu actions such as Quit. Currently, it's still limited to one key per action, but I plan on expanding it to allow multiple keys for a given action after the first preview release.

The first preview release will not support gamepads, but this will be added for the second preview release. Gamepad buttons will be assignable as hotkeys, so you'll be able to map gamepad buttons for quit, savestate, loadstate, etc.

(Also, I'm planning on adding special Linux-only support for Wii remotes using libcwiid. )

Beans

Oops my mistake,
    I didn't see that you are working on a rewrite of Gens/GS.
    If you want a translation to Dutch just let me know,
    that's probably all that I can do to help.

One last thing I wanted to know.
    When can we expect Gens/GS II ?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by andlinux View Post
    One last thing I wanted to know.
    When can we expect Gens/GS II ?
    I'm not committing to any release dates, so "when it's ready".

I'm currently waiting for someone else to help me out with the framedropping code, which is the major blocker for a release. The first release, 1.0_pre1, will only have Genesis emulation and won't have gamepad support. 1.0_pre2 will have Sega CD and gamepad support, and 1.0_pre3 will have 32X.

Also, thanks for the translation offer. Strings aren't frozen yet, so I'm not accepting any more translations at the moment. I'll post a topic on Sonic Retro's Gens/GS subforum once I freeze strings.

Beans

I'm getting a compile error from that latest source:
    Code:
    i/gtk/gens/.deps/gens-gens_window_callbacks.Tpo -c -o ui/gtk/gens/gens-gens_window_callbacks.o `test -f 'ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp' || echo './'`ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp: In function ‘gboolean gens_window_drag_drop(GtkWidget*, GdkDragContext*, gint, gint, guint, void*)’:
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:157: error: ‘struct _GdkDragContext’ has no member named ‘targets’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:159: error: ‘struct _GdkDragContext’ has no member named ‘targets’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp: At global scope:
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:243: warning: unused parameter ‘user_data’
    make[4]: *** [ui/gtk/gens/gens-gens_window_callbacks.o] Error 1
    Any idea on this? Thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzner View Post
    I'm getting a compile error from that latest source:
    Code:
    i/gtk/gens/.deps/gens-gens_window_callbacks.Tpo -c -o ui/gtk/gens/gens-gens_window_callbacks.o `test -f 'ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp' || echo './'`ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp: In function ‘gboolean gens_window_drag_drop(GtkWidget*, GdkDragContext*, gint, gint, guint, void*)’:
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:157: error: ‘struct _GdkDragContext’ has no member named ‘targets’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:159: error: ‘struct _GdkDragContext’ has no member named ‘targets’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp: At global scope:
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:243: warning: unused parameter ‘user_data’
    make[4]: *** [ui/gtk/gens/gens-gens_window_callbacks.o] Error 1
    Any idea on this? Thanks
    The problem is GTK+'s documentation recommended setting options to disable deprecated functionality, so I did that; then they deprecated more functions.

A workaround is to remove line 214 from configure.ac:
    Code:
    GTK_CFLAGS="$GTK_CFLAGS -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DDISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGSEAL_ENABLE"
    then run autoreconf and rerun configure.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GerbilSoft View Post
    The problem is GTK+'s documentation recommended setting options to disable deprecated functionality, so I did that; then they deprecated more functions.

A workaround is to remove line 214 from configure.ac:
    Code:
    GTK_CFLAGS="$GTK_CFLAGS -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DDISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGSEAL_ENABLE"
    then run autoreconf and rerun configure.
    Got it, thanks for the reply!

Time to play some Shadowrun

Beans

Talking Re: Gens on 64bit Asus

Quote Originally Posted by BigSilly View Post
    I actually created a .deb for 64 bit using a script I got off the World of Goo forums! Don't ask me how it works, it just does. I've attached it anyway, and I'll add another post with the script I got.

Hope this helps anyway.
    thanks buddy this works perfect on ubuntu 11.10

busy playing Dune: The Battle For Arrakis, this game is a classic.

thanks again
    My Laptop: Toshiba Satellite Pro, Intel core 2 duo 2.4GH ,4 GB RAM,250 GB HDD, DVD RW, 512 MB Graphics card.
    Light, Love & Prosperity in Abundance!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast