Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Gens/GS r7_pre2 - Preview Release

Beans

Re: Gens/GS r7_pre2 - Preview Release

Quote Originally Posted by superG View Post
    No need, I have fixed this at last.

Error was in code chunk, I was reffering to earlier, macro INPUT_SDL_JOYSTICK_CHECK_POVHAT_DIRECTION, see patch for further info.

Though, can't say anything POVHAT, SDL seems to support it on Linux.
    Now everything is working correctly.
    Bah, it's the fact that SDL's POV hat structure is a bitfield and not a single number. Thanks for narrowing this down. I have applied the patch.

I'm still going to test out Ubuntu 9.04 in a VM anyway, because I'm thinking Ubuntu decided to apply a patch to SDL to map axes 6 and 7 to a POV hat for some reason.

EDIT: Just tested it, and Ubuntu 9.04 does map my GameCube controller's D-pad to POV. It doesn't look like they added any specific patches to SDL with regards to POV, so I can't figure out exactly what changed it. Either way, it works now.
    Last edited by GerbilSoft; August 16th, 2009 at 11:33 PM. Reason: POV hats? On MY Linux? It's more likely than you think.

Beans

Is kaillera support planned? Since it's de-facto netplay in emulators... There is open kaillera client, why not use it's codebase?

Beans

Yet another preview release, r7_pre4. This has the POV hat fix as well as a fix for an SRAM regression that broke some games that use SRAM.

Quote Originally Posted by x-demon View Post
    Is kaillera support planned? Since it's de-facto netplay in emulators... There is open kaillera client, why not use it's codebase?
    I am planning on adding netplay support eventually, but I probably won't use Kaillera. I've had plenty of issues with Kaillera before, including the fact that it uses filenames to match ROM images instead of CRC32 or MD5. Also, the closed library has plenty of security holes, and I'm pretty sure that, on the Windows side at least, people will insist on using the Win32 Kaillera client library and server program, which will result in massive security holes.

Beans

Gens/GS r7_pre5 is out. Hopefully, this will be the last preview release before r7 final. Links are in the first post.

Beans

@ GerbilSoft

thanks for continuing development on a great emulator & making it even better.

i also wanted to say thanks for keeping a detailed yet easy to read/follow changelog.
    Linux User #440528
    openSUSE 12.1 x86_64/KDE 4.8.4

Beans

Just wanted to post up too to say thanks for a great emulator and your continued work on it. Bring on the final release!

Thanks again.
    AMD Phenom X4 945, 4Gb Crucial 800Mhz DDR2 RAM, 1Tb SATA III HDD, AMD Radeon R7 250X

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Will Mega Mouse support be added in the future? (Or is it already supported and I missed it)

I just got Urusei Yatsura My Dear Friends in the mail and noticed it can use the mega mouse, being a point and click adventure using a mouse would be preferable to a joypad.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ezekiel000 View Post
    Will Mega Mouse support be added in the future? (Or is it already supported and I missed it)

I just got Urusei Yatsura My Dear Friends in the mail and noticed it can use the mega mouse, being a point and click adventure using a mouse would be preferable to a joypad.
    There is initial Mega Mouse support in the upcoming Gens/GS II. I haven't figured out how to reliably detect relative mouse movement using Qt yet, so only mouse buttons work right now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

That's good to hear. I didn't know there was a Qt front end I thought it was only GTK.

I'm not a programmer but this might help:
    http://www.weask.us/entry/grab-mouse-movement

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ezekiel000 View Post
    That's good to hear. I didn't know there was a Qt front end I thought it was only GTK.

I'm not a programmer but this might help:
    http://www.weask.us/entry/grab-mouse-movement
    Gens/GS II is a partial rewrite of Gens/GS that I started a few months ago. Among other things, the emulation code is now completely separate from the UI, and I'm using Qt for the UI on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X.

Some other notable stuff include a C++ VDP rewrite (started for Gens/GS r7.1, but moved to Gens/GS II), a new savestate format "ZOMG" (in development), and a controller subsystem rewrite. For controllers, I'm also improving the input subsystem to allow the use of multiple keyboards (WM_INPUT on Windows, MPX on linux) and Wii Remotes (cwiid on Linux; not sure if I'll implement this on Windows).

I've tried the various stuff mentioned on that page regarding mouse movement, but I decided to concentrate on the more important stuff for now.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast